Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tires were wearing unevenly, so I took it to the shop and they told me it needed new ball joints (nothing else), which I got. They recommended getting it aligned. They are independents and can't do alignments. I took it to my local Dodge dealer and they said they couldn't align it because it needed lower control arms, to the tune of $1850.00. My questions is...why couldn't they align it??? Seems like they could still do the alignment even if I didn't get them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My tires were wearing unevenly, so I took it to the shop and they told me it needed new ball joints (nothing else), which I got. They recommended getting it aligned. They are independents and can't do alignments. I took it to my local Dodge dealer and they said they couldn't align it because it needed lower control arms, to the tune of $1850.00. My questions is...why couldn't they align it??? Seems like they could still do the alignment even if I didn't get them.
3 shops later. Found out I had a lot of droop in the front do to worn springs. added 1 inch spacers. good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts