Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '17 Mega 3500 4x4 with about 42,xxx on the clock at stock ride height (and want to stay there). I have heard the factory shocks can be worn out as soon as 40k miles, and I can believe that with the conditions of the "roads" around here.

While trying to find some replacement shocks to improve over the OEM ride quality, I learned that apparently the factory air bags add a wrinkle to this as I confirmed directly from Bilstein (for example) that they do not offer a shock for the rear of a RAM that has the factory air bags. I am on pavement 99% of the time, and I pull a 16k 5er about 10% of my total driving time. Overall ride comfort is my goal, knowing I will never get a truck to feel like a Caddy.

So, to those of you with a 3500 and the factory air option, what did you replace your factory shocks with, and would you buy them again? Were there specific part numbers for what you went with for the rear shocks in a factory airbag configuration?

Thanks!

-Rob

·
Registered
508 Posts
My plan was to reach out to Thuren and see what they have done with their customers. I wanted to do their 1/2" taller front springs along with their 2.0 fox shocks and track bar. I'm not sure what they offer for the rear though.

Biggest thing I did was lower the rears to 50psi when not towing, made a pretty big difference and took less that 5min. Fronts I put down to 60psi, but its too low, I'm going to try 70psi next.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.