Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are moving from SoCal to NC. My company pays to have my vehicles shipped so the truck is going on a truck.

Actually I don't know yet what the shipping suggestion is...I assume it is a flatbed or wedge.

Some of you guys tow vehicles yourself. I'm looking for any considerations I should have for the shipping. Anything from requirements I should make on the shipping company, how I should prepare it, how I should expect them to prepare it, etc.

They truck only has 1300 miles on it.

The movers are coming tomorrow to discuss the move so if you have suggestions before then it would help me talk to them more informed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
just make sure they have insurance. Take photos of the truck right before it gets loaded. Try to include the tow vehicle in one photo.If damage occurs you would have to prove it wasn't prior damage.You also want to make sure a ford or chevy isn't pulling you around ..lol Then they have bragging rights.

·
Registered
581 Posts
id drive it there, but if u want it transported, then flatbed it !!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
make sure yours is not on the front of an open hauler or it will catch every bug . :lol3:
Would they like to put it on the front? Assuming it is likely to be the heaviest and biggest vehicle on the load would they want that at the front, back or middle?

Do I want to send it with full fuel? Any other considerations? I will probably be about 2 weeks until back in my posession (we are going to take some vacation on the way) so any special storage considerations?

Thanks?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id drive it there, but if u want it transported, then flatbed it !!!
I wanted to drive it too. But the wife wants to drive the minivan instead. Will probably cost less to drive the MV and we are being riembursed by the mile.

Besides the minivan is already full of the kids' food wrappers, popsicle sticks, crushed popcorn, and other crap. The truck is pristine inside.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it turns out they think they are going to put my truck inside the semi trailer with all our stuff.

I'm amazed that there would be room inside the truck for it. I don't know how they could drive it in there and manage to get out the door. It will be interesting to watch.

But they want less than 1/4 tank of fuel. I was thinking it should be full so I just filled it up. Now I'm going to have to drive 350 miles or more before it gets loaded. :thud: :peelout

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
LOL. Enclosed is gonna be the best route. Just take your pictures and be picky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts