Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the advantages and disadvantages to shimming the fuel release? How is it done?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Its really only going to gain you anything when used with a chip that raises Rail Pressure. All is does is make the valve hold a little more PSI. It Consists of 3 #4 washers. You remove the plug from the fuel rail, pull it apart, insert washers, press back together, and re-punch it, then reinstall. Just dont lose parts in the process.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its really only going to gain you anything when used with a chip that raises Rail Pressure. All is does is make the valve hold a little more PSI. It Consists of 3 #4 washers. You remove the plug from the fuel rail, pull it apart, insert washers, press back together, and re-punch it, then reinstall. Just dont lose parts in the process.

I knew I could count on you Cowboy. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge you provide on these engines. How do I know if a chip raises rail pressure? As you know, I have the Edge. Thanks again for the input!:thumbsup

·
Registered
580 Posts
i would do the mp-8 thats what i did and i love it. and it comes with the little washers.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I knew I could count on you Cowboy. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge you provide on these engines. How do I know if a chip raises rail pressure? As you know, I have the Edge. Thanks again for the input!:thumbsup
I am not sure what all chips do raise the rail pressure. I think Bullydog does. I dont believe the Edge does. Maybe someone will pop in with what the other boxes do.:thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts