Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the highway and blew a transmission line. I didnt realize it was blown untill I was almost home and I lost all of the gears.
Right now, it'll go into gear (1,2,D, and R). But, only before it reaches operating tempature. Ounce it warms up, it takes a while to get into gear, and when it does it stutters. What I mean by that, is that it slips.
My diagnosis is that, the transmission got to hot, which in turn, burnt out the valve body.
I'm still new to these trucks, and I dont know much about the transmissions yet. So I figured I'd ask some one with more experience for a second opinion.
Any opinion would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

·
Registered
19,328 Posts
Not valve body, it is all hard parts and electronics. Front or OD clutches. I did that a couple of times buy had no issues afterward, One time it was short time when I stopped and refilled. Second I drove several miles like you did. Make sure you filled it enough before jumping in. Sounds like you may still be low. OD clutches can be fepalced with out removing whole trani for less than a $100 parts and an hour labor.

Reactions: Jackhaynes92
1 - 3 of 3 Posts