Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07' megacab 5.9 6 speed auto that is hesitating when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, it'll stick no matter what rpm your running and only shifts when it decides too. It just started 2 days ago and nothing new had been done to the truck in that time. 56000 miles
Mods include:
5" exhaust into 7" stacks
diablo sport tuner on 100hp setting
k&n filter
hx35-40 hybrid turbo
Boost fooler
Water/meth injection 2 stage .021 and .035-boost controlled
Dyno power @561 and 1135
I have the power, but don't use it often. Drive fairly sane and try to run no smoke.
To take it to the dealer would require too many hours of parts removal and I'm a good mechanic(on my own stuff)
Any info would be appreciated

· Registered
469 Posts
Call DTT and talk to them. It sounds to me like you shift govenor solenoid. Don't replace it with a stock one!! Do the upgrade, and while you are in there turn up your pressure a little also. You'll be glad you did.

Doug

· Registered
369 Posts
I have an 07' megacab 5.9 6 speed auto
Correct me if I am wrong but 5.9 didn't come with 6 spd auto. If it is a 48re I was having some issues with 2nd & 3rd shifts after adding a DTT shift enhancer, after rebuilding valve body and installing TransGo shift kit problem has gone away.

· Registered
469 Posts
You are correct, I just read the 5.9 and went on. I have the shift enhanser also, I did the solenoid upgrade, shift enhanser, band adjustment and fluid and filter change at the same time so I'm not sure which one fixed it but it went away.

· Registered
254 Posts
I've had the same issues with mine. After four valve bodies, I switched to the GM govenor solenoid. Fixed the problem. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.