Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got my shift master today from TS and the install looked pretty simple, 4 little wires. i just cant find the harness they are talking about to tie into. i think i found the right one but i really dont know what the pressure actuator looks like. if this is the right harness i found, it is a pain in the @$$ to get to and unplug. any help as to what i need to be looking for would be really helpfull!!

·
Premium Member
15,486 Posts
ok so i got my shift master today from TS and the install looked pretty simple, 4 little wires. i just cant find the harness they are talking about to tie into. i think i found the right one but i really dont know what the pressure actuator looks like. if this is the right harness i found, it is a pain in the @$$ to get to and unplug. any help as to what i need to be looking for would be really helpfull!!
Yep, thats the one you need to tie into. :lol3:

The TV motor harness is the one, and it is the cannister looking thing that sits on top of where your shift cable hooks up.

The clip to unlock the plug is on the back side of the plug. Take out the 2 bolts that hold it to the case and push it up and off the throttle pressure control. You can then unplug the harness and drop it down to work on it.

That was really smart engineering to put the plug lock on the back side. :CRY:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help!!! i finally got the stupid plug unhooked and it was smooth sailing from there. i am actually really impressed with the way the trans acts now. way way better than stock. im ready to tie on to a trailer and see the improvements. does anyone know if this changes the tranny even when i have the tow/haul button pushed?? Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
15,486 Posts
The shift enhancer keys off what the ECU sends it. So if the TH advances the TV pressure it gets a little more. Ona built trans the TH and shift enhancer makes for a very tight, firm shift and lockup pattern. :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts