Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Stefan for the help. I ordered a shift enhancer a couple of days ago. Can't wait for it to get here as my tranny can't make up its mind on what gear to be in. I'll post up my results once I get it installed. Thanks again for the great service DTT :thumbsup

·
Gone Fishing!!
2,793 Posts
S. KONDOLAY can you email me info on this shift enhancer ?

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Shift Enhanser

Charles, we get a lot of questions on this product so i can give you guys a heads up .

As many of you know the 2005 - 2007 Dodges do not have a kick down cable. What they have is an electronic actuator on the side of the transmission. The primary function of the shift enhanser is to give you give you a cable adjustment . It is done electronically rather than mechanically.

It does offer an advantage over a mechanical cable for those that want to drag race as you can use it in race mode and have a very agressive throttle setting. This helps prevent the burning up of the rear clutch packs during launch.

HOWEVER , the primary function of the Shift Enhanser is to help get rid of the 1 - 2 shuttle shift and the 2-3 flare.

Caution : Right from the factory , some of these Dodges have a bad governor pressure sensor. The Shift Enhanser cannot correct symptoms caused by a faulty sensor.

The oem part number for the new governor pressure sensor is 56028196AA
( sometimes the AA on the end of the part number, changes to ab or ac as Dodge get in new batches but the numbers remain the same. )

Very often techs will change out the governor solenoid and it is not the one causing the 1-2 shuttle shift issues. The oem part number of the governor solenoid they often change is 4617210 .

The shift enhanser is a programmable box, so no matter the make of VB, whether it be DTT , or oem , or aftermarket we can program them accordingly.

·
Gone Fishing!!
2,793 Posts
OK thanks for the info:thumbsup

But to clear it up a little this can only be used on the 05's to 07's with the electronic actuator right?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally got my Shift Enhanser installed. Wow, what a difference it makes. It shifts as if it was a manual tranny and I was shifting. It is well worth the money. Being a novice with electrical work, it took me about 6 hours. These are tips that may help others:

-Run all wires first
-Solder all connections
-Extend red and black wires and run them to the battery
-Use plastic tubing(lume) to cover all wires
-Mount Shift Enhanser last so you know how much slack you have in wires
-*When wiring into the transmission actuator unbolt it in order to unplug the wiring harness in order to get to the orange wire* This is very helpful

Here is a pic of where I mounted mine. It fits in there nicely.

·
Registered
60 Posts
where did u order it from and how much?:$:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will this work on a 04?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got my shift enhanser from goerend transmission which is the same place i bought my tranny. itcost about the same price as the one from dtt i think it was like $270 and my truck shifts like a dream now!:headbang:

·
Robert Ivey
2,168 Posts
I already have a suncoast valvebody...Will i notice a difference? It already shifts nicely.
and does this have a lockup feature or will I just have to use my TC lockup switch?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I already have a suncoast valvebody...Will i notice a difference? It already shifts nicely.
and does this have a lockup feature or will I just have to use my TC lockup switch?
Great question.:thumbsup:

·
Robert Ivey
2,168 Posts
im thinking my cheap lockup switch does the job....still curious about this though

·
Registered
877 Posts
Anyone have any input on using this shift enhancer with an already upgraded (Goerend) tranny?

·
Registered
798 Posts
What about adding a lockup swithch or CoPilot to the DTT shift enhancer? Does Race Mode Lock it up as a switch would?

·
Registered
77 Posts
im thinking about this too and also wondering does it lock up like the co pilot? can it be stacked with co pilot?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm sure you could stack with co-pilot as they are designed for different things.
its a pity no one made one box that had all these things combined!.
will a co pilot help economy much?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts