Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took truck to shop and they stole parts and replaced w/ older parts but that wasnt the worst they swaped blocks I had 54 and now 53. how can I prove it to courts they swaped timming case and oil pan but it looks like the motor mounts were move backwards a little sure would like to give them what they deserve

·
Registered
989 Posts
If they swapped the engine serial tag on the timing cover, you'd have some shred of evidence when matching it to the vin. Try calling Dodge to see if they can cross reference the two.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I took truck to shop and they stole parts and replaced w/ older parts but that wasnt the worst they swaped blocks I had 54 and now 53. how can I prove it to courts they swaped timming case and oil pan but it looks like the motor mounts were move backwards a little sure would like to give them what they deserve
Where are you located?
What is the truck?
What was the truck originally in the shop for?
How long did they have it?
What was their response when confronted with the allegations?
Are there any reviews online of their shop?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
That sucks man I hope you have photo documentation of what was on the vehicle

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
Build sheet may have engine serial number. What was it in the shop for? Fell free to name them when you are sure. Check google yelp and so on for other issues with them

Reactions: Babin Farms

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

So............. one incomplete post and we're left hanging???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya I am calling BS as well. If a shop wanted to switch blocks it would be easier to just make a copy of the key and steel the whole truck at a later date.
The time and cost to switch out the components, as the OP states happened, would not be the most cost effective way to get a block. Not to say it could not happen, just that is just not financially a smart move for any shop who is in business to turn a profit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts