Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, i have a hard time getting my truck to start... mainly due to not enough cranking amps... what do the dodges use to batt's? i have the motor in a ford. with a single batt with 800 something cca and then another with 650 ish? and it just is really hard to get it to roll over... its colder around here... 30 or lower degree.

second. is with injectors

I understand there are many things to make different things to make them perform different. but is there anything that a i could get to make them better? like tips or something?

·
Registered
524 Posts
First off, what year motor do you have? Folks will be able to answer a lot more questions that way. My 1st gen just has one Group 31 battery in it -- I think around 850CCA. I run the factory supplied cables...only had to replace them once so far. Starting in 94 dodge went to dual batts with around 650 or 700 CCA in each. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Try plugging it in and see if that helps. Takes more to start a cold engine. At least till you get some new batteries.
I use a local shop and have 2 1000 cca batteries. Really wakes it up in the morning! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the larger one was installed last spring and the second one i just added in there... I would plug it in at home and thats fine but when i get to work and it sits i cant let it cool down much and i get tired of running out to start it now and then to keep it warm so i can get home.

I'm gonna get another 975cca at fleet some time soon i think and see how it works.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,816 Posts
you really should have the same cranking amps for both. Mixing doesnt work as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts