Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer here won't sell me the service manuals. When I bought my 2001 they included them with the truck "after some dealing". I found them very useful for my last truck and still have them if someone wanted them I forgot to give them to the guy who bought it.

Anyways where can I buy a copy of the service manuals for a 2010 truck? I would be happy with an electronic copy but I would prefer to get a paper copy. I can get a repair and parts manual for the engine from Cummins threw work and I will be trying to get in PDF format to share with others here that need it.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 3500 Dually
216 Posts
They don't have the 2010 FSM though. I posted a thread a while back asking about it, no replies.. I'm not sure if they are out yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Small update. I talked to the dealership where I got my pickup. They told me they did have service manuals. There are 4 printed books and they cost $400 each. Yes each. They told me they cost so much that they have an Internet option they pay for to use manuals. They were not sure that the Internet option was even available for the general public. They suggested I check back in 6 months and see if they have a CDROM option which they were guessing should be around $200.

I am guessing since they are under warranty they are figuring that the people getting the manuals right now are using them in a commercial application and the cheaper manuals for the every day people will come in a while.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My last ones were the size of 2 phonebooks.

One was drivetrain and the other was chassis. Both were very great for anything you needed to do from complete tear down to finding line voltage at certain locations in the harness.

Something I will want and need very soon.

I guess I will have to go back and harass my dealer. I only paid $200 for the pair last time.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 3500 Dually
216 Posts
Unless I am missing something, they aren't available on tech authority for a 2010, which was the point of this thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry didn't kow for sure about 2010's. I just entered my vin and it gave me a list of manuals I could buy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Unless I am missing something, they aren't available on tech authority for a 2010, which was the point of this thread.
Owners manual, Yes.
Repair manual, No. Not yet.

I think the 2009 cd's just came out so maybe this time next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts