Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Service Air Filter

569 6
I have an Afe CAI and cleaned it about a week ago, just like normal. Today the overhead chimed and it said "service air filter." Got home, popped the hood, everything looked fine, plugs on the intake tube were intact. Drove ten minutes later and overhead was clear again. Any thoughts of why that came on?
Thanks
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
mine does the same, i would also like to know.

· Registered
3,516 Posts
if you commanded a lot of engine loading.... running it hard or towing heavy.... some of the intakes dont flow as well as you think, then you get a service message because it thinks the filter is dirty..... your better off with a modified stock air box, the flow suprisingly well with a good filter.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
i agree with warlock go back to stock filter and add a psm kit

· Registered
1,409 Posts
I get the same message with my Volant with the Donaldson filter. However it has not come on in a while.

Also it did not seem to matter how much load was applied, never has it happened at WOT. The one time and first time that sticks in my mind is after riding on my wife's family's land for a hour or so. It came on as some as we got on the highway.

· Registered
3,516 Posts
there are two upgrade kits for the stock box, one is a intake tube, and one is a cold air duct, not sue where i found them, but mine are diy models and work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.