Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
serious quad adren. problem

driving home from a friends house tonight i noticed my head lights were getting very bright and dim and about 5 sec. later my truck lost all power and the motor died. it started right back up but my head lights are no longer working and all guages of the recon read 0 except the fuel gauge which reads 10. i was turning on my road luckily when this happened but i died again 20 sec. after it started again and i just coasted down the road to where i live. once home i checked the head light fuse and relay but found nothing. does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone????

·
Registered
107 Posts
i dont think the head light issue is the same as the recon reading 0 on all. i lost my recon readings on friday i had just downloaded the adr3000 file on thursday and then friday afternoon all read 0 exept fuel it read 10. i reloaded my old tune the adr2018 and all is good but i didnt lose anything else. maybe what ever cut your power messed with the adrenaline.

·
Registered
107 Posts
what is your voltage gauge reading maybe the alternator went out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i hope your right and thats all it is. i just put the adrenaline on sat. night and downloaded the adr 1018 this morning. i have only put 90 miles on the truck since i put the adrenaline on so thats what makes me believe its the adrenaline.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah it really sounds like an alternator problem

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did not look at the volt meter i was more worried about getting the truck stopped and getting all the power off. i put an alternator on the truck about 1000 miles ago. what was weird is the lights got real bright and then dim

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one other thing is the truck will fire right up but the head lights still wont come on

·
Registered
107 Posts
when you fire it up what does your volt gauge read

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont know because the truck is out in the road and its pouring down rain so it will be tomorrow before i get to mess with it. this all just happened right before i started the thread and i figured i would ask around so i have a few ideas before it starting working on it tomorrow. my biggest concern is the head lights are not working but everything else is except the recon gauges. if it was just the alternator the head lights should at least come on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it seemed like something was shorting out

·
Registered
107 Posts
good luck let us know what you find if i can think of anything else i will post it. maybe you could call quadzilla tomarrow and ask them if they have any ideas. they are great for asking questions

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats my plans ill check the volt meter first then give them a call

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Check your fuses under your hood to see if one of them is blown.I had a wire for my trailer brakes to short out and the turn signal would not come on,i had no brake lights, my window's would not come down and doors would not lock.That took me a while to figure out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just checked the voltage with a volt meter and i have around 13.5 volts. so the alternator does not seem to be the problem. i downloaded the adr1017 this morning and it fixed the gauges on the recon. i also figured out that everything works on the truck except the low beams which are what i had on when i had the power surge. i think the bulbs just blew. now what i need to know is there a voltage regulator on the computer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts