Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this sensor? I am trying to install my BADP kit on my cab/chassis. I am trying to get this thing out. I assume EGT sensor. This CAT?DPF has three that are identical and none of them are typical oxygen sensor size. I was thinking of buying a new one if I just knew what to get.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
It's an egt sensor. C&C's don't have 02 sensors. Try some penetrating oil.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. it has been soaking for twenty minutes with no luck. Do you know a part number for the one towards the front of the truck on top. I might just buy a new one.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
thank you. it has been soaking for twenty minutes with no luck. Do you know a part number for the one towards the front of the truck on top. I might just buy a new one.
Sorry...I don't.

I've had to use vise grips before in order to get an egt sensor out.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have had pipes in the past that is is IMPOSSIBLE to get the first EGT probe out of the stock pipe. I have snapped the whole head off of the threads before the threads break lose. Good vice grips are a must, and if that wont do the trick, i have cut the probe wires off so as to get a 6pt socket and an impact on them. With as much temperature variation that probe sees, it will expand and contract enough that it will seize up in the threads. I recommend buying a new probe, should be about $35. This is one of the main reasons we designed our kits to use simulators, instead of the factory probe. Call your dealer, they should have those probes in stock.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the help guys. I am a plumber so a 14" pipe wrench I had laying around did the trick. Well I just started it up so I will let everyone know how this BADP kit worked for me.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
thanks for all the help guys. I am a plumber so a 14" pipe wrench I had laying around did the trick. Well I just started it up so I will let everyone know how this BADP kit worked for me.
Good man:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts