Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,613 Posts
Good for you. (No sarcasm or attitude intended) I am not brand loyal but buy what I like/want. I see all have their issues so choose what I want. However I know they all have issues and try not to dog on or dismiss legitimate problems that people have.

·
Gearhead
99 Posts
Hopefully the 200k mile guys will chime in with never having a DEF issue ,That would make me feel better not trying to be a smart a$$ .15 years with this setup is just about obsolete.
Not saying there are not problems.... But let's be real guys get on here and cry a river over their issue when the truth they are a very very small minority.

Let's be real Ram and Ford are probably they biggest Diesel sellers....for a reason.
Think i am going to go buy some Lotto tickets . Owner of 4 Ram Diesels both the Non DPF Trucks were so Stellar it led to the next new purchase . Goggle Mycarlady Class action lawsuit about the DPF and tell us about the small minority ? LOL Both my 6.7 DPF trucks are a real PIA must be luck not one but 2 .My 5.9 trucks the usual trans problems ..Yep were just a small minority crying LMAO . > Read this ..>>>
According to the drivers, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US LLC (“FCA”) and Cummins have been aware of the defective selective catalytic converter (“SCR”) since 2014. The SCR in Dodge Ram 2500s and 3500s with 6.7-liter Cummins engines, built between 2013 and 2017, breaks down causing the engine to clog. The particulate filter fills with soot and consequently requires more fuel usage to break down the soot particles. Along with marketing and selling faulty fuel emissions systems of which they were fully aware, the sealant used on the SCR itself, known as the “washcoat,” also contributed to the illegally high emissions. The company neglected to fix the washcoat defect as well.https://blog.counselfinancial.com/dodge-ram-owners-bring-lawsuit-against-fiat-chrysler-over-defective-cummins-engines

·
P2609 Fanatic
4,530 Posts
@gearheadgregg
I hear ya' brother... Right now I'm 4 hours from home with a 3800 camper in the bed, a CEL on the dash, and a bunch of P-codes!
Intake air heater high, and DEF level not changing. It's just life with an emissions compliant diesel.

All EPA issues. Not really Chrysler's fault.
Not to mention Brandon's $4 fuel prices. 😒

·
P2609 Fanatic
4,530 Posts
DEF level is from lack of use. Draining or filling DEF tank clears it.

"Intake air high" is on the low energy solenoid side of the grid heater circuit. A non Limp Mode issue. I'll do exactly what the dealer would do... throw parts at it. 😏

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Well yeah, but I thought a "Christmas Tree dash" was just standard procedure on a stock 2016? 🤔
-Ej- 😉
Let's get your signature changed then?

Some ideas:

P- code pessimist

No, I really drive it!

OCD in Jersee

My Truck My Tarp My Choice

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
DEF level is from lack of use. Draining or filling DEF tank clears it.
I think mine sits more than yours does, and it doesn't act up like that.
When it did it was my own fault...much like you messing with the grid heater instead of just disconnecting the damn thing.

Reactions: Electrojake

·
P2609 Fanatic
4,530 Posts
To a certain extent I love the challenge.
If I can fix it with a laptop and a multimeter I'm a happy boy. If it requires swinging a wrench and getting greasy, not so much. 🙄

Soon as I get back to Jersey I'll be ball's deep into that grid heater solenoid issue.
Should make for a good thread with lots of propaganda and drama. 👍

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
Soon as I get back to Jersey I'll be ball's deep into that grid heater solenoid issue.
Are you saying that you made it out of Jersey in under four hours?? Didn't think the traffic (or roads) would allow such rapid transit.

·
P2609 Fanatic
4,530 Posts
I need a PC in front of me to do pics. All I have is a cell phone. I'll try to post a wide shot so you can see I actually left my back yard.

If I break down on the interstate I will indeed post plenty of pics. 🙄

181 - 200 of 215 Posts