Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well shes up for sale, look in the for sale section.diesel is going way up and i need something more affordable. 110 bucks to fill up is geting outof my reach.
asking 12k obo. spread the word.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What are you going to replace it with? It looks like you need something to do work with.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you lookin to trade or just cash???

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i am looking to sell it to pay off my loan and get a F150, I only really pull a trailer 4 or 5 times a year if that, and i know a 1/2 ton can pull a 3 horse trailer fine. However if i do happen to come across a good 03-04 then ill consider it, but there in lies the fact of wanting to go cheaper with a gasser 1/2 ton.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Whats going to be the MPG difference...comparing your Cummins now, and a gasser? :confused013:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I also have a 04 f150 with the small v8 auto, i get 14. Love the mpg my cummins gets

·
Registered
467 Posts
i also have a 04 f150 4x4 small v8 auto and I get 12-14 out of it. You cant beat the mpg a cummins can get if you ask me. I know fuel is going up but you will be stopping at the fuel pump more often.

·
Registered
467 Posts
sorry for the double post my internet messed up didn't think it posted

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats going to be the MPG difference...comparing your Cummins now, and a gasser? :confused013:
well im getting about 11-12 in town and 16 on the highway even on summer fuel. I know of a few 150's wit hthe 5.8 that are getting 15-17 highway, and with gas being almost 50 cents cheaper and more in some areas. i just cant afford to pay $85 to even fill up at 1/4 tank.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Well hell Allen, quit racing all the ricers in Laramie and it'll get better mileage:hehe:

That should get considerably better than 16; my 03 with Smarty TNT will get 20 on the highway all day long at 70-75. The 07 will get 20 as well right around the 70 mark give or take. Smarty TNT as well, that's like a 460-500hp tune right there. Granted, it's hard to keep out of it, but it'll do it.

I'd expect your VP to pull 20+ any day, especially since it's a reg. cab. Yours should be around my 03 (14-16 combined-mostly in town, 20+ highway) shouldn't it?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Does seem a little low since the dually was pulling 15 in Laramie.

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea idk what its deal is. i get horrible city ,mileage even driving normal. during the summer, if i keep it at 65-70 i can get 20-21 highway, but if i go over that i get horrible. cruise set at 75 from Tremonton, Ut to Laramie, Wy i get 16 if im lucky

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
my truck is about identical to urs Allen and I get about 14-16 in town and 18-23 on the highway, but during the winter i lose about 1mpg in town and 2 on the highway. its the winter fuel thats causin the problm for me, i hate winter fuel. i did find that if u plug u truck in with a timer to activate when the heater turns on and DONT let it idle for long the mileage change is not near as bad.

·
Registered
919 Posts
yea idk what its deal is. i get horrible city ,mileage even driving normal. during the summer, if i keep it at 65-70 i can get 20-21 highway, but if i go over that i get horrible. cruise set at 75 from Tremonton, Ut to Laramie, Wy i get 16 if im lucky
Keep it at 65-70 and keep your truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts