Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins bone stock with 104k on it... My CEL has been coming on under hard acceleration for the last year. The error code comes back as a engine/turbo overboost. I had a mechanic change out linkage connected to the wastegate which he thought would fix the problem. It did not fix the issue. I just now got around to taking the truck to a different mechanic and he is saying the wastegate is seized and that I need a new turbo. The truck runs great and I have no problem with power at all. Am I doing damage to the motor by running the truck with this problem? Also would this problem have been covered under the cummins 100k warranty if I had caught the true issue sooner? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Your warranty question is up to the dealers warranty writer. Some dealers might pass it while others wouldn't. I've run my truck above 40 with stock head gasket and bolts. You can try removing the map sensor and cleaning it with a contact cleaner that doesn't affect plastics. It sits in the intake on the head and it tells the waste gate solenoid when to open. Your truck might also have a harness issue to the waste gate to. What I'm suggesting you to do is try and find out if there's a other problem before you replace the turbo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts