Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

Haven't been on here in a while, but anyways... Today I was driving to work and the overhead dinged twice and said perform service see dealer now. No other codes and it says system ok on the overhead. I'm at 75108mi when it dinged. Already reset the CCV a few months ago. I'm due an oil change but it doesnt say oil. Is there some other timed event that I dont know about or should is there something wrong with it.The other thing is that it comes back on like every ten miles or so. Sig should let you know what all is done to it. Thanks for the help

-Kyle-

·
Not Broken? I'll Fix That
91 Posts
Im at 72k mine just started as well. I am going to take mine to the dealer to see if they can reset it or something.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I don't think there is a fix for this problem. The dealer may be able to reset it with the starscan. Just turn your radio up a little more and you won't notice it. You can reload your xrt program and that will reset the timers. Just make sure your batteries are good otherwise you will need a new ecm.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You guys are both due for a ccv change though so make sure you change it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not to derail, but what is a ccv? Mine says the same thing when I'm 500 miles out from an oil change. Now this ccv thing has me worried...

08 6.7 QC 2500, Tuff Country leveling kit, 18x9 Fuel Wheels, 35x12.5 Nitto TG, Recon lights front and rear

·
91 Posts
Closed Crankcase Ventilation, I'm guessing we need to change the filters?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ah, thanks.

08 6.7 QC 2500, Tuff Country leveling kit, 18x9 Fuel Wheels, 35x12.5 Nitto TG, Recon lights front and rear

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just changed mine at 67500 and reset it according to what I've read on here and it went away. What happens if the batteries go dead? How does it kill the ECM? I just had to get two new batteries but that was in july and everything was working fine up until now.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
I think he was talking about reloading the XRT program and have a charged battery before you start. If the battery dies half way thru loading a new program you will pooch your ECM

·
Registered
13,852 Posts
you definitely want to have a fully charged battery before loading a tune, but if it's interrupted mid-tune, 99 times out of 100, the programmer will go into recovery mode the next time it's powered up and it will recover the ECM back to stock

·
91 Posts
I had my truck reflashed to stock at the dealer. Mini maxx programmed in just fine! Service vehicle message is gone!

Reactions: Born-2-Farm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

Haven't been on here in a while, but anyways... Today I was driving to work and the overhead dinged twice and said perform service see dealer now. No other codes and it says system ok on the overhead. I'm at 75108mi when it dinged. Already reset the CCV a few months ago. I'm due an oil change but it doesnt say oil. Is there some other timed event that I dont know about or should is there something wrong with it.The other thing is that it comes back on like every ten miles or so. Sig should let you know what all is done to it. Thanks for the help

-Kyle-
Mine is doing the same at 65000 miles. I had 3 regens in 2 weeks and now I have the same message. The manual states that the EGR system needs to be cleaned and the CCV changed. My CCV was changed at 58000miles. I'm deleting my truck this week! I had enough with this EGR and DPF craping issues. Oh by the way, the CCV filter is $59.85 at Geno's garage and service interval is 67500 miles.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, I dont have an EGR or CCV anymore though.. I'll have to buy another tuner and then get it reflashed and load a new tune right away. In the mean time ill just have to tolerate the ding ding, or else I might just do that from now on and save my money. It ding dings every ten minutes on the dot and it get real old real quick.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hmm, I dont have an EGR or CCV anymore though.. I'll have to buy another tuner and then get it reflashed and load a new tune right away. In the mean time ill just have to tolerate the ding ding, or else I might just do that from now on and save my money. It ding dings every ten minutes on the dot and it get real old real quick.
Mine finally reset! Now that my truck is deleted, can I remove the ccv filter?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Mine finally reset! Now that my truck is deleted, can I remove the ccv filter?
Thanks
How did you reset it? I've tried doing the brake twice and accellerator pedal twice and it doesn't work. I've only got 34,000 miles on mine so im not sure if I need to replace the filter or not since it came on so early.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hate to bust alot of your bubbles but you guys will be constantly resetting this but the truck is constantly monitering your pressure in the engine along with estimated delta pressure through your exhaust, so resetting only gets rid of the ding for a little but the filter has to be changed so the truck starts reading normal pressure

ps sorry for not introducing myself my name is merik, dono if anyone knows him but my dad is pete zicha, anyways thats my introduction nice to mee you guys:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well hello mister Merik or should I say son

1 - 20 of 27 Posts