Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side seat is a little wore out, but my passenger is rock hard. Is there a way that I could switch the seat cushions? Is there a web site that sells the driver seats? Also i dont know if my clutch is going out but it sure does take a while to get it into gear when shifting. My 250 ford ranch trucks (gas) go right into gear real quick and i can snatch them really easy and quick. But it seems like it takes forever in the cummins and I tend to lose all the RPM and boost that i have built up when i shift. any suggestions for quicker and smoother shifts?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing? No criticism?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Have you tried asking what a local upholstery shop would charge to redo your seat? I don't think it would be too expensive if you can't find a seat around you. As far as the shifting goes my NV4500 is the same way. I contribute a little of it to the increased weight of the dual disk spinning. We have a Powerstroke at work with a ZF5 and it shifts smooth as butter. From what I understand the ZF series shifts a lot smoother compared to the New Venture transmissions.

·
Out There, Savin' Lives
521 Posts
Yes, you can switch seats. You just won't have the leather in the middle, it will be on the outside.

Look here about swapping them: Seat Swapping

Reactions: lukamilla
1 - 5 of 5 Posts