Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I usually wear my seatbelt, but I am tired of the dinger constantly going off when I am rolling slowly through a field with my seatbelt off. Does anybody know how to shut it up/remove it from a 2007.5 quadcab? Thanks for any info.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
Page 45 of the Owners Manual gives the instructions for deactivating the annoying chime however, the seat belt light will remain on.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The light doesn't bother me, just the chime. Thanks again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Put a jumper wire in the harness underneath the seat. I don't have time for fancy computer stuff myself. Just did it the old fashion way.

·
Registered
343 Posts
:agree2: and the light too

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I may try the jumper wire too. The light doesn't bother me very much, but I would rather have it off than on. Thanks again for all the info.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Back up alarm?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Back up alarm?

pre 08 had a stupid patch from Dodge that would sound the horn if you had it in reverse with the door open and the seatbelt off. It was a bandaid for a bad shifter colum design that would make the owner think he was in park and was really in reverse.

chris

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
:agree2:, because it also eliminates the backup alarm.
How far/long do you have to back up with the door open for the back up alarm to sound? I did about a 20ft. test this morning and did not hear any alarm. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
How far/long do you have to back up with the door open for the back up alarm to sound? I did about a 20ft. test this morning and did not hear any alarm. Just curious.
Yeah, it is imidiate. My brothers GF has an 06 and he hates to hook up the boat. Always forgets and the horn starts blaring at him!! It can be quite funny watchin him cussin her truck

chris

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
The 08 doesn't have it. The shifter was "fixed" for 08 so the alarm isn't needed.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The seat belt system utilizes a single wire that has an open circuit when the belt is not in the lock. All one has to do is pull the plug and complete the circuit for the truck to think the belt is buckled.
where and how would one complete the circuit via jumper? definitely interested in that.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just use a spade connector. Look at the female side of the seat belt. you will see a wire harness connected to it, Pull it apart and you will see 1 connectors that need to be jumpered. AN electrical spade connector fits over then perfectly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts