Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time that my seat belts won't come out of the seat it's not just driver seat it is also passenger side it happens when the seat belt light is on? What could be causing this? I don't feel like getting ticket for no seat belt on.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thank you mopar man!!! I got a question is there anything about our trucks you aren't an expert at?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Alright thank you mopar man!!! I got a question is there anything about our trucks you aren't an expert at?

:hehe: :rof

I'm not a expert just knowledgeable... Listen to lots and lots of people...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
just curious, but did you mean the seat belt is not releasing from the locked and fastened position or it won't pull out from the retracted position in the seat.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
In the early model years of the 2nd Gen Quad cabs they used a computer to sense when to lock the seat belt from pulling out of the seat during hard braking or during a crash. Well after time the computer fails and the seats remain locked in the seat and will not pull out to allow you to put it over you.

Later on the figure out how to use a weight in the seat to sense when to lock the seat belts. I'm one of the lucky ones in the 2002 year that doesn't have the seat belt computer. You might consider upgrade seats if they are wore out. (Suggestion).

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Mopar man!! I got one from salvage yard and I got my seat belts working agin

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I just have the problem where my seat belt is just loose enough to trip the light its getting annoying

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grrr it's locked agin

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Something shorting out module causing damage? :confused013:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh great I hate wiring

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I just got some cloths seats and replaced my electric leather ones and the plugs are different, These cloth seat belts are locked as well im wondering if it's from iit being unplugged?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure I'm just going to wire mine up where they stay unlocked like the guy did in the link above when
I get home from work in 2 weeks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts