Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to shut off the seat belt alarm 2012 bighorn.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention tried the key of unbuckled 3 times then key off that didn't work

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
A programmer such as the xrt pro will, but if you dont want one of those you can get the small seat belt extensions from the dealer and just plug it in. The truck will always think it is hooked and the evic will still work.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The extension will allow the evic to work as normal and no chime, its the easiest fix to all your problems. You can turn the chime off but when you are unbuckled and in motion the evic will only say "drivers seatbelt unbuckled" and there is no way of getting rid of that without physically plugging in the seatbelt. Use the extension for the best results.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Try this it worked on my 11 it gets rid of the annoying alarm but the light will still be on.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2.../407842-i-am-chimed-out.html?highlight=chimed
I was going to just wait for my MM, untill I read this thread, this is not covered in the owners manual for my truck.
Ram3500Dually said:
Same as all previous model Rams. Get in truck and plug seat belt in. Turn key in run position without starting. Wait for seat belt light to go out. unplug and replug in seat belt 3 times ending with it plugged in (within 10 seconds). Turn key off. You should hear a single chime indicating it worked.
Ram3500Dually said:
I missed one step. You MUST wait for seat belt light to go out before unplugging and replugging. I edited and underlined the part I forgot.

worked first try! :party018:
thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
idk about the newer models but on my 08 i was able to just unplug the seat belt sensor plug under the seat and put a 1/4" spade connector in the plug making a connection on both prongs. i never had a light or chime, just as if i always had my seat belt pulgged in.

after a $103 ticket i just wear my seat belt now.:banghead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.