Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever use this on there 24 valve CTD?:confused013:

i know that it's supposed to clean out carbon from valves and what not, so, if you've done it, what process did ya follow?

thanks for any info:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Don't want the ocean in my truck and we know foam in fuel is very bad.

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i don't think the stuff is actual ocean water...:lol4:

i know that folks with gassers use it and say it does wonders, they but some in the brake booster line, and some in the fuel tank...

after it's done, they change the plugs and oil, i'm jes wonderin if it's the same process(minus plugs of course..:hehe::hehe:) for diesels

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Your diesel doesn't need it. Not sure does much for gassers either. Not putting anything in "brake booster line" either. For a gasser that would be directlly into intake. Diesel with 'hydroboost' has no such line. Change your fuel filter and you have cleaned the fuel delivery system. Cause the filter and bottom of fuel tank is only places you will find trash unless you have a crappy screen inside a banjo bolt or added something.

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Have a nice lunch with money saved.

· Crayola spokesperson
6,407 Posts
well ya it thins it but theres a reason one gallon does 500 gallons of fuel...your not suppose to use it all at once....but if your runnin 2 stroke oil i wouldnt worry about it

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Seafoam is a light petroleum distillate, naptha (i.e. mothballs), isopropyl alcohol, and water. It really serves no purpose in a diesel engine.

If you want to get the carbon out of the cylinders just get the engine up to operating temperature and give a it a few hard runs down the highway.

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Seafoam is actually a very good product for gassers and dosnt hurt diesel either..
:ditto: i don't put it anywhere but in my oil.....every old gasser truck/jeep i've had, first thing i do before i change my oil in it is drop a can off in her, let her run for about 5-10min, shut her down, change the oil, filler her up, drive it for about 500 miles, change the oil again, then just do it every 3-5k....

did the same with my dodge when i got her and it's still runn'n fine....:thumbsup:

· Registered
461 Posts
Your diesel doesn't need it. Not sure does much for gassers either. Not putting anything in "brake booster line" either. For a gasser that would be directlly into intake. Diesel with 'hydroboost' has no such line. Change your fuel filter and you have cleaned the fuel delivery system. Cause the filter and bottom of fuel tank is only places you will find trash unless you have a crappy screen inside a banjo bolt or added something.
I agree it doesn't do much for diesels but it does work very well in gassers. :thumbsup: Use it in my wifes 06 Durango and my buddies truck and bayliner. It gave us all a noticeable difference. :thumbsup:

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
ok, so, would you suggest it, or, should i jes save my ten bucks for somethin else?:confused013:
i've never used it except in my oil....and it made her clean as a wistle...:lol4:....so if you want to use it in the oil i vote yes, for anything else...i have 0 experience with it....

· Registered
361 Posts
used to sell the stuff at carquest years ago. stuff works good in gas engines' fuel systems. i would pass on putting it in my cummins. its a fairlt strong solvent and reduces lubricity of diesel fuel.
i know 12 oz. in 35 gals of fuel aint much, but last thing a deisel system needs is a solvent.
2 stoke oil, or in diesel kleen if you need it, which you probly don't, is way better for the trucks we love so much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.