Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are a better injector? goin for the 140 horse set i have heard ones better there the same and have heard the only difference is the price well now im askin you guys for help because yall no more what your talkin about than some the people i know lol :banghead:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Do some reading here. I can't say how has the better ones as I'm sure they are about the same and put together on a kitchen table, but if you accually want to get injectors go with the guy that has them in stock. Some of these clowns will take your money and make you wait forever and give you the run around while you wait. There are other and better options out there for way less money. No I don't sell injectors.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just because someone has injectors in stock does not mean that you should go with them.

I would rather wait for a quality set and get the run around then buy from some random shop.

From what I have seen in the past:
DDP - 5x.014" 155* sac with non emissions pintle
SDX - 5x.014" 145* sac with emissions pintle and lift

This might have changed in recent past.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Like he said do your search. Theres a million theads on injectors here. I had two sets of Ddp, one set was ddp4 the other was 76lpm comps and had great luck with both sets. Dad has had two sets of Sdx with no problems. I have a set of New Era in there now with no problems. All in what you want and who you decide to go with. I have heard there is a pretty good wait from Sdx tho. Got my New Eras in a week.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just because someone has injectors in stock does not mean that you should go with them.

I would rather wait for a quality set and get the run around then buy from some random shop.

From what I have seen in the past:
DDP - 5x.014" 155* sac with non emissions pintle
SDX - 5x.014" 145* sac with emissions pintle and lift

This might have changed in recent past.
I never said go with random shop. I would go with the shop that had them in stock so I could actually get them and someone with a good rep that is known for not handing you a bowl of BS.

I wish I had customers that would take that kind of chit!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Like he said do your search. Theres a million theads on injectors here. I had two sets of Ddp, one set was ddp4 the other was 76lpm comps and had great luck with both sets. Dad has had two sets of Sdx with no problems. I have a set of New Era in there now with no problems. All in what you want and who you decide to go with. I have heard there is a pretty good wait from Sdx tho. Got my New Eras in a week.
SDX wait time has been greatly cut down since they picked up the new nozzle line up. Most of the more common sizes are now actually kept in stock.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I waited for my SDX injectors for a month and 2 weeks. Was not a happy camper.

·
Registered
498 Posts
idk about sdx time wise but i know who is behind the injectors and he does great work. Personally i run that other persons injectors and love them. He is a great guy to do business with.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I have read and heard that the ddp use the wrong spray pattern but are a quality injector, Ive never heard anything bad about sdx other than wait time and I am running ED/Engineered Diesel injectors and they are great, I cant compare to anything else but run smooth and dont haze at idle. I was told by someone that ed gets their injectors from sdx but dont know if I belive that or not but they are the same price

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
SDX guys are awesome. I wish I knew this "GUY" haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.