Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sct is making programmers for the 6.7 now i talked to the performance shop down the streettotad that does custom tuning and he said that they can turn off the dpf on the fords and he thought he herd them saying they were working on it for the dodges. he is suppost to be calling sct today to see where theyare at . this would be great if they figure this out

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow nowone

·
Registered
279 Posts
man I hope that is true. Actually I heard efi live was working on a system for dodge, anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
745 Posts
wow nowone
I haven't heard anything but I am all ears!!! This would truly be a great day for us 6.7 guys. The market is wide open right now for someone to completely sweep it away...its gonna happen sooner or later:popcorn:

·
Registered
103 Posts
The DPF can be turned off with the SCT livewire direct from SCT. The custom tuner guys can NOT.

We talk to SCT almost daily and they havent said anything about the 6.7L, but we havent asked either.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The DPF can be turned off with the SCT livewire direct from SCT. The custom tuner guys can NOT.

We talk to SCT almost daily and they havent said anything about the 6.7L, but we havent asked either.
So there are 2 different versions..can you explain more?

on edit...I assume you are talking in regards to ford here. If I understand it right sct is an off shoot of super chips?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Patrick is talking about the SCT Xtreme Livewire for the Ford 6.4L PowerStroke. Its a system that is a tuner and DPF delete pipe that gives you DPF delete ability along with 500 RWHP.

There is no SCT dodge option for this yet, and I dont think anything is right around the corner. It may come to pass as true, but it will be a while.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Patrick is talking about the SCT Xtreme Livewire for the Ford 6.4L PowerStroke. Its a system that is a tuner and DPF delete pipe that gives you DPF delete ability along with 500 RWHP.

There is no SCT dodge option for this yet, and I dont think anything is right around the corner. It may come to pass as true, but it will be a while.
500 RWHP! nice! How do they run then? Cause my 6.4 is alot slower then my 6.7 stock to stock of course even with the "same" power:rof

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, heard this rumor before, I dont think they are working on it, but would be happy to be wrong.

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Yeah! Tell me about it!!!

It would be awesome!

Of course....

The IP&D setup for the 6.7 Cummins produces anywhere from 400-500 RWHP & 1100-1500 TQ (DYNO-PROVEN!!!! Depending on standard tuning or custom tuning option).

·
Registered
602 Posts
Eric over at Innovative Diesel has a 6.4L Ford tune that he is testing that has put down consistant 550HP at the wheels. Its not ready to go yet, but when he gets finished playing/testing with it that should really be a good running truck. That is going to be an Eric/Innovative only tune, it wont come loaded on a base SCT for the new Ford.

Eric is playing with SCT on his 05 Dodge. He has a dodge with 200HP injectors, II racing twins, twin CP3's (both stage 3) and I believe he said the trans was from NADP's in house trans shop. He is data logging and pushing further every day. I have not heard where he is power wise....but knowing Eric he will pull it out at a dyno event and be very respectable on the rollers!

550HP with nothing but a DPF delete pipe and a plug in downloader. Lets hope the new Ford can keep its head on... literally! The 6.0L Ford had so many streatched head bolts its out of control! I have not heard much about 6.4L failures so maybe they beefed up some of the parts in the bored and stroked version of the 6.0L.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts