figured now that i brought it up i should include info:
Accessory Drive Belt Chirp At Shut Down
Date: March 31, 2006
Models: 2003 -2006 (DH/D1) Ram Truck (Diesel)
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a Diesel Engine, sale code ETH.
This bulletin involves installing an overrunning clutch pulley on the generator.
A chirping sound maybe heard coming from the accessory drive belt when the engine is
If a customer indicates that the condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure.
Parts Required: Qty. Part No. Description
1 05183490AA Overrunning Clutch Pulley
Special Tools/Equipment Required:
8823 Generator Shaft Holder
Repair Procedure: 1. Disconnect and isolate both negative battery cables.
2. Remove the air cleaner box.
3. Loosen the accessory drive belt and disengage it from the generator.
4. Remove the generator.
5. Remove the drive pulley from the generator.
6. Install the new drive pulley, p/n 05183490AA, using toll number 8823 to hold the
generator shaft. Tighten the nut to 80 Nm (60 ft. lbs.)
7. Install the generator. Tighten the bolts to 41 Nm (30 ft. lbs.)
8. Install the accessory drive belt.
9. Install the air cleaner box.
10. Connect the negative battery cables.
Policy: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
A forum community dedicated to Dodge Cummins Diesel truck owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, drivetrain swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!