Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not consider one of our Stinger Tow Modules. Nice price nice features and we are a site sponsor and are always avail to answer questions... ETR diesel carries a lot of our lineup and they will give you the best deal.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm looking at the Scorpion as well but Granatelli guarantees 3mpg or money back. I don't think Scorpion can back that up. I need a programmer for 2 things- oversize tire adjust and mileage. More power is great but not my top 2 reasons to get one.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I think your only option to adjust tire size is the smarty or the superchips flashpaq....from what I have seen.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I seen that you offer a 30 day Guarantee. Thats what caught my interest but you do not offer a mileage increase gaurantee. From what I've seen in here is that most will give you a 1.5-2.0 increase. The quadzilla XZT says up to 4 for the same price range.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
basically, that is nothing more than marketing...if I changed it say say 5-6 tomorrow would that change your mind? We make reasonable claims that we can stand behind. 4MPG is closer to a 20-25% increase in fuel economy. not possible. up to 10% is... I think you see where I am headed.

If you go off the overhead I can tell you it will show up to 7-8mPG high, but that is not even close to accurate. Hand calculated miles, real world numbers is what we quote. Maybe it costs us some sales, I don't know, but I am not willing to change our marketing just to find out. I'd rather be realistic.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Most brands say an "increase in economy" for whatever thats worth. quadzilla says "1-4 MPG increase" which really means at least 1 MPG increase. The rest is BS. Now Granatelli Gaurantees 3 MPG which means that you'll get 3MPG increase or send it back. NO ONE else makes that Guarantee and thats not a claim.
Granatelli is only unrealistic if it doesn'y meet the claim. " Up to 3 MPG" is way different than "3 MPG Gauranteed".

I appreciate your honesty and quite frankly the XZT I'm not that interested in because thier marketing is a bit pumped up.

The links you sent me didn't really help at all. Matter of fact, one of them was my thread anyways.
The bottom line is that there is very little user data out there to back up the Scorpion and this is what makes people apprehension and may sway them to another more popular or established brand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts