Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
ok at work i was talking to the shop supervisor and he said they run school bus fuel

what the heck is school bus fuel i went and looked at the tank and it says on road fuel is school bus fuel different or is there such a thing

School bus fuel for most school buses would be good old diesel :lol3:. I don't know what that guy is telling you but I think he might be way out there :coocoo.

It says road fuel because most places have road fuel (bulk fuel tanks, road..meaning taxed diesel) and then off-road bulk fuel tanks (meaning non-taxed and dyed red diesel). If you really want to find out for yourself then open the tank or next time one is getting fueled up then take a sniff and see what ya got.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Schools being government entities may be fuel tax exempt. He may just mean the untaxed red dyed fuel.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
its dyed red i think its lsd not usld wonder witch is better...LOL

he said its not the same as going to the fuel station i a still wondering is there any ways to see what ppm is

Most dyed red diesel fuel is still just ULSD it is just dyed because it is tax free. Red diesel used to be LSD...but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but the majority of diesel fuel now is ULSD because that is what the gov't is requiring. If it is LSD then it is 500ppm and good for lubricity :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I work for a school system. Our transportation dept. uses the off road fuel for the bus's but it is ULSD.. No diffrent then the everyday joe uses form a local station except the district does not pay tax on any fuel....We get 1-20 new bis's a year and we all know the new diesel's don't like the old fuel...

·
Banned
28 Posts
School bus fuel is a yellow tinted fuel that only buses will run on. It has smart particles in it. LMFAO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts