Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dealt with Scheid Diesel? I went to the ATS website and found that they are a dealer in Terra Haute IN with another dealer in Effingham. I'm looking at getting twins and a Stage 4 in the future. Thanks in advance -Steve

Scheid Diesel Service Co., Inc.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Hey buddy. Where are ya from in Illinois? I have personally never dealt with them, but many people have, and most people are very pleased with them!

Also, I'm just throwing my opinion out here, but stay away from ATS... There are much better options for a fraction of the price! For twins, look into Industrial Injection and for a transmission look into Goerend. Goerend is located just over in Iowa, and any local shop can install the twins. Just my .02

-Drew

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
How long have you been on the diesel scene???

Schied is the BEST in building Cummins competition engines. Also puts on the one of the largest (if not THE largest) weekend of power ever seen. Also took a unlimited truck puller with 3 HX80's and shoved the engine into a drag rail and currently the fastest and quickest diesel drag rail to date.

Nope. Never heard of them. :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
They do do good work. But it comes at a price. Brad Ingram is there top engine builder and the best. I second Drew's opinion of ATS as they don't hold togther very well. Good luck with your truck.

Where you from again? You around Effingham?

·
CO President
2,642 Posts
How are in IL with a diesel truck and dont know who Schied is? J/K

Anyhow they are pretty much the best out there. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. And as mentioned Brad is probably the best engine guy out there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey buddy. Where are ya from in Illinois?

Also, I'm just throwing my opinion out here, but stay away from ATS...

-Drew
I'm in Central hell (Champaign) and I hear that a lot about ATS. I have done quite a bit of research and it seems that more people say to stay away because other people have said it. I hear if you follow the small print in the warranty; all is good.

How long have you been on the diesel scene???

Schied is the BEST in building Cummins competition engines. Also puts on the one of the largest (if not THE largest) weekend of power ever seen. Also took a unlimited truck puller with 3 HX80's and shoved the engine into a drag rail and currently the fastest and quickest diesel drag rail to date.
Have owned only one, this one. I am just now getting into the performance area of Cummins. That is great to hear about Scheid. I am all about a good shop.

They do do good work. But it comes at a price. Brad Ingram is there top engine builder and the best.
Outstanding info.

How are in IL with a diesel truck and dont know who Schied is? J/K
It's a new experience for me. I drag raced Mustangs (Crawford Performance) for years in NC while in the Marines and am a huge bass angler. I travel a lot fishing to get away from IL but that is another story:backtotopic:

I want my rig to be able to get on it when need be but I still need it to be able to tow like no tomorrow. I was thinking twins as I hear they are great for towing. Was also looking at a nice single like the Silver Bullet 66 etc. I have no idea what I am going to do yet. Still working the OT to try to pay for some of this.:shock: If there is anything I have learned about building a performance Cummins it is that everything is $$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Almost forgot. I plan on going to the Scheid outing in August as well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I don't like ATS chargers due the lack of wastegates. As far as transmissons, I know two people who run them in Cummins' (myself as well once my truck gets running, not by choice, but it came in the truck) and they have good luck with one of them! One is pushing 750 at the wheels and a low level ATS trans and the only thing he has busted is a flex plate! Believe me, he doesn't grandma this truck either :thumbsup:

But Ill stick with my original opinion. Do a little more research and if ATS is still your decision, then go with it :headbang:

-Drew

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would much father sell you a HTS trans from my builder that is in southern IL. I do infact know people that have lots of problems with ATS. I also have one of the ATS duel fuelers on my truck which I love and works flawlessly except for the cheap wiring harness that came with it. I have spoken to Brian V about it and tells me its in the mail. Must be a long trip cause thats where its been for the last 6 months

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see HTS trans are built down the road from where I grew up (Grand Rapids, MI). Small world. They want some big bucks:shock:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hts can be had at a good price. I can hook you up with my builder that does HTS. It is holding some pretty good power and most the top trucks in the country are running them.

·
4,669 Posts
Hts can be had at a good price. I can hook you up with my builder that does HTS. It is holding some pretty good power and most the top trucks in the country are running them.
Who is the HTS trans guy around you ? Im just @ 40 miles south of Van.

·
Cummins Crazy
2,254 Posts
sgt93,

I can attest to the great work Scheids does.
I have beat my Goerend tranny for many years & its still working in my 12 second 96.
I would suggest Stainless Diesel Twins. They put together my twins with fantastic results, 117 mph last week.
Either way you go, attend Scheids Extravaganza to check out everything from the unlimited pullers, drag racers, dynos & venders.
If you go, don't tell the hotel you are there for the event for a better price.

WAYNES WORLD

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would love Twins for sure. I use my rig as a daily driver and again I tow all the time. Does anyone have a twin setup as a daily driver near Champaign that I can take a look at? Or maybe the Silver Bullet 66 or BD Special etc?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I know where your from I was born in Centralia. He is in DuQuoin its the guy I told you bout the last time your trans pooped out on you.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Im in champaign but i dont have twins. My girlfriend has a twin but shes a witch.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
if your lookn for a good local guy to build tranny for you, contact a guy here on the forum
Double XL (Aaron Finley) he builds some [email protected]$$ trannys out of his shop and he stands behind his work......He's from Homer, Illinois.....just East of Champaing....i know of atleast 6 guys that have his tranny under their Dodges and most of them pull anywhere and everywhere they can and never have problems

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I just put an offer in on a house in Homer today. Ill have to get back in touch with him to check out his shop. Thanks for bringing that up because i could not remember his name.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
your welcome JBradley, Aarons a great guy, he does full builds and rebuilds too....his truck is pretty awesome too.....looks like a regular sleep, except when he puts it sideways going over 40mph....just fyi

1 - 20 of 33 Posts