Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to my first dyno day at Aarons in Coffeen, Illinois sponsored by Sheila at BlinkGraphics. Very cool, great folks. Thanks.
I wanted to test some of Schaeffers. The following is the results.
I found a volunteer from the early arrivals to make a dyno run and then change to Schaeffers 5-40 9000 full synthetic cj-4 rated oil http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/9000.pdf. I also added 20 ounces of our fuel treatment Neutra 131.

Jeff has a 1998 2500 with brand B 5-40 synthetic oil with a Banks and I don't know what all else.

John from FloorIt Diesel out of Kansas City did the honors behind the wheel and with their dyno machine.

1st dyno 527 hp
998 torque
Change oil and add fuel additive. About 2 hours later. The 2nd dyno results.
525 hp
1066 torque

The horsepower drop is statistically insignificant, while the torque increase is nearly 7% which seems pretty substantial.

Thoughts or queries?__________________

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Oilman, This is Jeff from the dyno day. First i need to correct a couple things for your thread. My truck is a 97 12valve with 289,000 original miles. There are no electronics on it. I was making a joke about the banks so i am sorry for the confusion there. We had been talking about putting that down as are sig on here to get a rise out of people. Anyway, thank you for atleast trying to get involved with this stuff. I dont know if the oil made the differance or not in the gain, but i didnt see anybody else donating products to see if their oil would increase power or not. If i knew how to use this scanner thing next to the computer i would post copies of the dyno graphs. Jeff

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for clearing that up. Thanks for the use of your truck and hey ya got oil in there till the next change. Would you know how the other dude did with the oil change in the o3 duramax?

·
Registered
99 Posts
No i do not know who that other guy was and when we left he had not dynoed yet. I have been waiting for someone to post the final results to see where we ended up. I just tried to log in to bob the oil guy and after i got my email, the banned me for a imported ban. I dont know what the heck that was for. I was going to tell the other guys on there some specifics so they might have a better idea what was going on, (like i give a rats a$$ what the think lol). Anyway, if you find out any info on the results let me know. Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts