Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Scary Larry 2.2.7 is screwing with my boost fooling. What gives?

812 4
On my Bully Dog Triple Dog with (what I think it called Scary Larry) 2.2.7 tune I can rarely boost over approx 31 psi boost with the Quadzilla boost fooler installed. One rare occasions I can get it to boost up to about 43 - 44 psi. When it does happen it is usually under heavy throttle at lower speed. It won't do it at higher speed or with the TC locked up no matter how far I push the go pedal. If I make no changes other than turning the Bully Dog down the a lower setting, I can boost up to almost 40 psi at will. Strange. Any ideas? I do believe the Quad boost fooler works fine.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
were did you get the tune, of my website or the website that is stickied, i really wish a new alot more about them, but since buddy doesnt work with bully dog anymore noone knows anything about these other files, if you have a different one try putting one of the other scarys on it. Have you tried pulling off the boost fooler to see what it does with it off the truck.

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
were did you get the tune, of my website or the website that is stickied, i really wish a new alot more about them, but since buddy doesnt work with bully dog anymore noone knows anything about these other files, if you have a different one try putting one of the other scarys on it. Have you tried pulling off the boost fooler to see what it does with it off the truck.
I believe I got the tune from the guy I bought it from. It was someone on here. I'm pretty sure he emailed me 2.2.7 and 2.4D or something like that. I have tried it without the boost fooler and it never goes about about 30 on any tune and I never have gotten an overboost code.

· Premium Member
8,859 Posts
you have a quad boost fooler and the mp8 which does boost fooling also, have you looked into the mp8 to see if that was the issue, tried unhooking it and seen what it does, they might be fighting each other, but with your quad unhooked it seems that the mp8 isnt doing any boost fooling at all, ill look and see what version scary larry i got then let you know if its different you can try that.

· Banned
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I have seen on my truck, the MP-8 only boost fools at 100%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.