Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I need some guidance looking to buy a small scanner to do some work n my truck, what scan tools are you using ? Looking to stay under the 400.00 dollar what do you think about this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,603 Posts
The Launch x-431 is a really powerful system for the money, but it's a bit over the $400 mark. But I would still recommend it.
Below that, I'd say look into the Auto Enginuity system. To get the same broad coverage that you can get with the Launch would actually end up costing more money, but you can get it with specific "packages" of compatibility. So if you only need it for your Cummins, then that's all you have to pay for.

·
TPMS adjustment guy
1,562 Posts
I have the Autoenginuity device on a small laptop with the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep bundle that I'm looking to sell. I'd ship both to you for $400. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Second the autoenginuity. They also offer an upgrade from pc to a version that uses wifi and your phone. The program is really second only to Alfaobd and the MX+ dongle for mods but way better for diagnostic work.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
If it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulling the codes but also like to test the components if possible, frame data, this is for personal used only.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
My Vote go's along with the rest of Afla+MX2 Supporters.

I have WITech and its Spendee, Plus ALL the Fee's.

The only reason I mentioned WITech is for comparison, I'm familiar with Most other Makers and tend to always go with the OEM stuff, Yes its more $$$$, So Yes Alfa IMO for all around purpose is next best to WITech.

·
Mike @ Dude's Diesel Performance
245 Posts
A little outside the box but an Edge CTS2 would be a good tool IMO. You can check and clear codes. It works with all makes and models. It also works as gauge display so you can check parameters to help trace/troubleshoot issues with voltage, fuel, and other components..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason I need a scanner, I made 3 trips to the dealer for the service throttle control light. I need help to fix my truck, replace the throttle control pedal, throttle body, computer check alternator n batteries 13.99 v and still have the problem runs good after warm up, mostly acts when is cold or sits for a while . Any held truly appreciate it.

·
Joe @ Dude’s Diesel Performance
1,180 Posts
The reason I need a scanner, I made 3 trips to the dealer for the service throttle control light. I need help to fix my truck, replace the throttle control pedal, throttle body, computer check alternator n batteries 13.99 v and still have the problem runs good after warm up, mostly acts when is cold or sits for a while . Any held truly appreciate it.

Have you recently changed your tire size in your trucks computer? We've saw some programmers trigger this light if you didn't enter a full number especially with the MM3.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Pulling the codes but also like to test the components if possible, frame data, this is for personal used only.

To do all of that, autoenginuity is the closest to what you want. It is just below dealer level and the service really good. If you have issues or a function does not work right they get back to you with updates right away.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
If it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you recently changed your tire size in your trucks computer? We've saw some programmers trigger this light if you didn't enter a full number especially with the MM3.

The truck has a different size tires, but I don’t know if they did it or not, I bought the truck already like that. How can I check if they did

·
Registered
2 Posts
The truck has a different size tires, but I don’t know if they did it or not, I bought the truck already like that. How can I check if they did

Get on the interstate and check your dash speed vs gps speed. My truck with stock wheels/tires is off of google map speed by about 1-2mph. But if your dash says 70 and gps says 75, they probably never corrected for tire size.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get on the interstate and check your dash speed vs gps speed. My truck with stock wheels/tires is off of google map speed by about 1-2mph. But if your dash says 70 and gps says 75, they probably never corrected for tire size.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank you, I’ll do that today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've a BlueDriver scan tool for years. I've not compared it to anything else, but for clearing codes its been flawless. It has a lot of other scanning / monitoring features that are well beyond my needs, but at roughly $100, its a great investment. I got it on amazon - BlueDriver LSB2 Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android

1 - 18 of 18 Posts