Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all first post to a great site. I got my first 2008 3500 a few weeks ago. I bought it from a dealer and dpf is deleted and the egr is unplugged with no CEL on so I assume the last owner did a code reader of some sort but my question is Can I now do the egr block off plates and no CEL should come on? Am I right on thinking this?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
If you're not getting any codes with the egr unplug and dpf delete then you have a delete tune installed and can remove the egr system if you like.

Don't throw it away, there some members on here approaching smog check dates and need some parts.

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
No smog test herein Canada so it's all for sale lol
Certain areas in the Big C do emissions testing on diesels now. Some areas in provinces have noted they are coming. I will buy property in Inuvik and register my truck there if I have to If it comes to that. Can't run and emissions compliant vehicle reliably in this climate here no matter what you do it's a pain in the ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I pulled off the egr valve and cooler last weekend and wow what a pile of parts lol. I don't know when the dpf was deleted by the original owner but I blocked off the egr with plates I made. I just made them as thick as the stock flanges and haven't seen any leaks or warping yet and I ran the heck out of her. I just made sure I bought new mopar gaskets. It isn't as fancy as the anodized aluminum from a store bought kit and I haven't had time to mount the tranny dip stick yet but all seems to be running good with hitting 26 mpg with my red neck math lol

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
The home made block off plates look good. You can also remove the silencer from your intake to make the turbo a bit louder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.