Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the previous owners installed a low pressure fuel pressure light kit. It saved my IP.

After installing a new transfer pump that I purchased from my local Cummins dealer, my engine is running much quieter, power seems to be back. I've only had the truck for three weeks, so I don't know what it's supposed to run like. I filled a small 2-horse trailer with hay Yesterday, & didn't even seem like I was pulling anything. Hope the pump keeps putting out his kind of pressure.

Happy to be a Dodge Brother,
Dave

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Congrats.... these trucks are amazing when they get used....

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
I'd go ahead and put a fuel pressure gauge in when you have a few $$'s. Most of the FP light kits are triggered at 5 PSI. You should maintain at least 8-10 PSI at WOT.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I'd go ahead and put a fuel pressure gauge in when you have a few $$'s.
:agree2: :agree2:

Actually, I'd find the dollars now instead of crying about my VP44 later.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd go ahead and put a fuel pressure gauge in when you have a few $$'s. Most of the FP light kits are triggered at 5 PSI. You should maintain at least 8-10 PSI at WOT.
Thanks, what gauge do you suggest?
Where should it be installed, before my sensor maybe or?

I want to step up fuel pump as well, next one!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats.... these trucks are amazing when they get used....
I hear ya brother! I've got a 57 stepside still in pieces. 6 cyl., 3 on the tree!

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
:agree2:

Straight from the Dodge Factory Service Manual...

MINIMUM FUEL PRESSURE AT WOT IS 10 PSI!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts