Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Satellite Radio

1064 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Just Another Cummins
Anybody installed Satellite Radio in their rig? I don't need to know how to install it as much as where to put the darn thing. Just wanted to see where you guys put yours......where's good ans where isn't :confused013:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Dad's & brothers trucks have XM's mounted on the bezel between the vents in the middle and the little cubby hole up top. Seems to work okay so far.

· Registered
94 Posts
My head unit controls Sirius, receiver is mounted behind the driver's side kick panel. The antenna is mounted above the driver's side passenger door. Everything is a clean install no one knows I even have sat radio!

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dad's & brothers trucks have XM's mounted on the bezel between the vents in the middle and the little cubby hole up top. Seems to work okay so far.
I'm not sure that we have the same setup? I don't have any cubby holes by my vents. My vents are above the radio.

My head unit controls Sirius, receiver is mounted behind the driver's side kick panel. The antenna is mounted above the driver's side passenger door. Everything is a clean install no one knows I even have sat radio!
I know you get better quality with it hardwired in but I have a Sportster laying around and I figured I might as well use it.

I would love to see some pics of the external satellite units :hyper:

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
i have a XM radio with the mount that ya can put in the air vent, and that's what i used, sat rad is IMO too expensive, and don't have enough good stations for me....:shock:

· Registered
94 Posts
Yes, sat radio is expensive but how can you say they don't have enough good stations? They have more than any FM based broadcast you will find.

Sat radio is a commodity just like anything else!

Back to topic: since my radio is hardwired I can't really give you pics but I can offer suggestions. Your best bet is to just position the sportster in the cab in different places to see if you like it their before mounting it.

· Registered
339 Posts
Heres where mine is now. It used to be where the attitude is. I think i like it better where it is now though.

· Registered
339 Posts
It comes with a vent mount in the car setup.

· Registered
986 Posts
I don't have mine mounted, it sits in the open cup holder while I drive lol

I'll get my vent mount out and probably mount it on the drivers vent like John did though

same goes for my saturn, the vents in that thing are too brittle to mount it, so it lays in the passenger seat since I just drive that thing back and forth to work alone most of the time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.