Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 04 cc/sb/srw 1 ton with the 6.0 for a new 08 Dodge qc/lb/srw 1 ton with the 6.7 cummins. I use the truck mostly for towing a toung pull skid steer trailer and a GN toy hauler. The rear end of the Dodge seems to sag a little more than the ford did. It looks like the ford would transition to the over loads faster than the dodge does. Does anyone know if someone makes some spacers or thicker blocks to go on the overload bumpers so it will hit faster and maybe not sag so much. On a side note the Dodge drives way better, has way more low end power in reverse and foreward but so far the mpg is about the same as the F word if not a tad worse. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
mine does the same but that is why it rides so much smoother. If the sag bothers you the best thing is it install air bags. JMO

R

·
0 Posts
I thought the samething the first time I dropped my travel trailer onto my truck. It sags a little more than what I see our one ton chevy duallies at work squat. Still better than my half ton. I wouldn't have to use my equalizer hitch, but I do to help control sway.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Air bags would be the right fix.:thumbsup

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
I had the same problem with my 35' dove tail. it sag bad with a empty trailer. i put Ride Rite bags under it. Very easy install. its just takes time mounting the compressor and running the lines. it rides level now

·
Registered
365 Posts
air bags is the way to go.

pac brake offers some cheap ones, or firestone for some ride rites.

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
I put Timbren's in place of the factory overload stops. When empty,they sit just off the axle. Took the squat out....quite a bit cheaper than air bags and very easy to install. They bolt on where the factory stops are.

R

·
0 Posts
I put Timbren's in place of the factory overload stops. When empty,they sit just off the axle. Took the squat out....quite a bit cheaper than air bags and very easy to install. They bolt on where the factory stops are.
Any difference in the ride? Where do I look for those? Funny thing about air bags is I had ride rite set up under my half ton and loved them. Sold it all on ebay when I bought my one ton. The bags wouldn't of fit anyway, but I wish I still had the compressor. But maybe Timbren's should be what I look into, but I've never heard of them. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
I got my timbrens at truckspring.com. I tow a bumper pull 30 foot camper (tongue weight anyone?) and also various excavators, tractors, and skidsteers. The Timbrens took out the squat and make it sway less when heavily loaded. I like how I don't have to adjust anything. Just load the truck and go. Also when I drop a 275 gallon tote of AMSOIL in the back of my truck, it weighs a top-heavy 2,000 pounds of liquid fun.

-Chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts