Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, Ive got an 02' automatic transmission 24v in need of an upgrade. Im currently running the edge EZ and have been very happy with it, but looking to upgrade to something with a little more power. From what i have seen in the threads is that most people prefer the SMARTY, but ive heard that is way to much for an auto trans. Thinking more along the lines of the juice w/attitude. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
juice puts out more power than a smarty does. the smarty tops out at around 65 just like the EZ. but it hits harder getting there.

nothing more than the 65 hp. level is gonna be real safe on a stock trans for long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea that's what i figured. What all would i have to do to the trans. if i wanted more and around how much would it cost?

·
Registered
517 Posts
the smarty isnt all that,i drove around with a comp box and a stock tranny just fine,the smarty rips on the common rail it isnt that great on our trucks.butt it is a nice downloader

·
Registered
517 Posts
and just do a converter and a valve body,unless your getting way up there in hp,but you will run into problems like the rest of us with torque managment eventually

1 - 5 of 5 Posts