Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Smarty Jr ME that was on a 2010, the guy said it is not vin locked and is selling for $500... Before I spend the money is there a quick way I can check to be sure it's not vin locked still and will that tuner work on my 2012 ?..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I found a Smarty Jr ME that was on a 2010, the guy said it is not vin locked and is selling for $500... Before I spend the money is there a quick way I can check to be sure it's not vin locked still and will that tuner work on my 2012 ?..

Simply plug in. If you see #Smarty# it is locked as the # signs indicate it is vin locked.
and yes it will work on your 2012. just go to this site ( Top Gun Diesel Performance) and pick the jr me file for the 2102 and you will be good to go. which version works best on your truck don't know. you will have to try them and see which one your truck likes the best. Mopar71

·
Registered
242 Posts
Why not just buy a new Smarty JR? They are 500 new and you can download the ME files like I did.

Mads Electronics - Smarty - Catcher - Pricing
I'm not so sure you can download ME files on a USA serial number Smarty Jr. The $500 new Smarty Jr will have "USA" in the serial number.

To make sure the Smarty you are looking to buy is unlocked have him plug it in and send you a pic of the screen. If it has the # before and after "Smarty" it is locked. If there is no # before and after it is unlocked.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible to buy a new Smarty Jr US version and load me files then ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I bought the Smarty Jrme.. Question about loading the software, do I need dpf delete first, then load the software? Also this Smarty was on a 2010 and mines a 2012 so do I need to download files to Smarty or load what's on it already ??

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't think it matters which you do first but once you load the program you cant drive it until you delete. And if you run the engine then you'll have to work on a hot exhaust. I would delete first.

As far as the Smarty Jr I would at least load the latest software into it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So I bought the Smarty Jrme.. Question about loading the software, do I need dpf delete first, then load the software? Also this Smarty was on a 2010 and mines a 2012 so do I need to download files to Smarty or load what's on it already ??
Load the tune first to make sure everything loads good. It would suck to delete everything then realize you're having issues with your tuner.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Load the tune first to make sure everything loads good. It would suck to delete everything then realize you're having issues with your tuner.
So I can go out and load Smarty program now and the delete pipe tomorrow? Just vin lock it and load stock program or try loading a higher level and then return back to stock without starting the truck? Can I load it before deletes and change tire size ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts