Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a blessing in disguise I hope,

Weekend storms dropped a tree on my truck. Luckly had Comp, and low deductible, so hopefully will turn out good in the end. truck was in great shape, however the engine had some good leaks, and for some reason the turbo was in need of another rebuild.

If they total it, i'll be selling off parts depending on what they make me buy it back for, since I know they will not include the costs of performance parts in the claim.

And i will probably be making the move to a 3rd gen since I need the 4 full doors.

Pics to come!

· Registered
142 Posts
That's a shame. Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the search!:thumbsup:

· Registered
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega-Cab Cummins
2,825 Posts
Very sorry to hear that.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
that sucks... sorry to hear.

I would sob like a little (another word for female dog that starts with a B) with a skinned knee if a tree landed on my truck...

it has full coverage too, but so much time and effort into fixing everything and upgrading it just to get wasted by a tree would SUCK! (between buying and fixing/upgrading my truck, I have at least 30-35k invested into that thing)

I hope they treat you fairly and that you can find a new truck you really like for a reasonable price in sound condition.

· PA VICE PRESIDENT
6,439 Posts
Man that sucks. Id cry like a big baby if that happened to my truck. Hope it all goes well

· Cummins Nut
1,407 Posts
It'd be nice to see some pics. I hope insurance is fair with you. What parts will you be selling? I'll be in mi next week.

· Registered
417 Posts
Lol I would have taken the edge off before insurance arrived, and maybe even take the turbo off and put the stock back on.

· Registered
238 Posts
yeah with the body condition on mine i couldnt get that lucky.. would that be a good larger charger for twins? how much will you be asking for turbo if they sell it back to you?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, didnt total it, but started it up, and didnt realize the turbo feed line got smashed, and it dumped most of the oil out, and started knocking.. ugh...

I went an just got another truck. another 01 cummins but with only 150k on it, so I can swap all my parts over I wanna keep and then part out the crushed truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.