Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do not care much about the smoking while on throttle both of these injectors haze at idle? which would be the potential for more power? keeping sovp and will soon be doing super b special over s480 any feed back on either injector would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
they will be close...7 hole are more street friendly than 6 hole as far as smoke goes. other than that either should perform well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much jigabop i just cannot decide on which to order! haha i just want to make this purchase one last time.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
well if you are concerned about max flow, I would look at the injector flow chart here:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
according to the chart 6x16 will flow more fuel....

but both will be in the territory of sucking the SOVP44 dry of fuel so that is kind of a moot point unless you plan on a monster pump, dragon fire pump, or a P7100....

edit: btw I dunno if you have an injector builder all picked out yet or not, but in the opinion of many of the higher hp truck owners around here, Chris @ DFI, or Weston (has no company involved that I know of) make the best injectors around for a competitive price to the budget guys.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was conteplating going through diesel because they are somewhat local. Thank you for the heads up ill look into them! And i think that chart will help make up my mind 6x.016 re the way ill go.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you cummins24vturbodiesel but 6x.018 are bigger then sovp44 could fuel no? Wouldnt 6x.016 be the breakoff more less or am i mistaken any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmm... i know the "rating" is different from company to company but would would a 6x.013 injector with a sovp with tuner be able to fuel giving the proper air hp wise?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very nice i appreciate you giving me that advice what were you using for air when you swapped the injectors? cummins24vturbodiesel?

·
"I'll go all in."
3,111 Posts
It seems like 6x.013's are the sweet spot injector for VP trucks... I mean doesn't Monster Mike recommend 6x.013s for his pumps?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh nice. I bought the 7x.010's i have now and i just want to buy another set and be done with it hahaha. thank you for all the knowledge i appreciate it!

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
1k has been made on a vp with less injector, just saying. 6 hole injectors are know to be smokey. imo if you are gonna be driving the truck on the street a lot i would consider a 7 hole injector.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright then looking as i might of been a little carried away on injector size im shooting for 650ish hp something in that range. With the correct air could a 6x.013 sac injector fuel that on a sovp?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.