Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have mine in a box soon on its way to texas but is there any beta testers on cf that tested it and having a stock truck? I've been trying to keep up with the beta testers updates but I really don't remember seeing any that where driving a stock truck and would like to hear what kind of gains they where getting. Can anyone help a brother out!!:help

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I have heard that it turns off the bad stuff without plates/plugs and gives about 4-5 extra mpg, all while keeping the stock exhaust thingy clean. Hope to confirm soon.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This is covered in the instruction manual, but honestly I would not run ANY tuner or performance box on a DPF equipt truck. You're just asking for trouble.

Get a 5.9 TB exhaust kit, as well as the sims, and go from there.

·
08 Cummins
2,146 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I have heard that it turns off the bad stuff without plates/plugs and gives about 4-5 extra mpg, all while keeping the stock exhaust thingy clean. Hope to confirm soon.
If you turn off the EGR & regen you HAVE to get rid of the DPF. That is specified in the manual.

·
Registered
198 Posts
As I understand it, the EGR is turned off and a new DPF program cycle is used that keeps it clean without regenning as often; if the EGR is disabled electronically there will be a lot less soot for the DPF to burn off. The stock system is used to reduce emissions, if you put that on the back burner I believe that you could design a program that stops the ATM (a** to mouth) tube and still keep the DPF clean. I think that is what they have done but I am certainly no expert and make no claim to be.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
I am real interested in seeing how the Smarty works with all the emissions stuff on it. I too would be worried about the emissions stuff and what it will do to the DPF and NOX.

·
Diesel freak!!
200 Posts
I am also wondering about how it will perform with all the emissions stuff intact. I noticed on Mads website that it says not to run the truck for extended high speed runs on the 170 hp tune because it will damage the dpf and nox filters. That is for the normal S67 and not the S67ME version. So it seems to me that they intend you to either run the Smarty with all of the emissions and it still regens or use the S67ME and remove everything and no regens. That is just how I read it. I wouldn't turn off the regens and still run the dpf. It will clog and create backpressure and maybe damage the turbo and engine. Just my thinking, not claiming it is correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts