Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

S475- would this be a good turbo for me?

974 4
Would an S475 be a good turbo for the truck in my sig? I want to make about 550 to 600 HP. Or if not what would be a good turbo?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· CO President
2,621 Posts
I am definatly not trying to be rude, but you have asked if every big turbo would be good for a daily driver single. You need something along the lines of a 62mm s300. If you want to put a whole crap load of fuel in it and sled pull you can run a huge single, but not as a daily driver. The s475 is a very good chioce for a big turbo on a twin set. Keep it and put a 62 over it and you will have a great setup.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah your not being rude. I know ive asked alot i just wanna get a straight answer from someone thats all. But i am just shopping around and want help on making my decision. But do you know where i could buy all the piping for a twin setup? And would i make more power outta twins or a big single?

· CO President
2,621 Posts
Nah your not being rude. I know ive asked alot i just wanna get a straight answer from someone thats all. But i am just shopping around and want help on making my decision. But do you know where i could buy all the piping for a twin setup? And would i make more power outta twins or a big single?
It does depend on what you want to do. A big single will flow a bunch of air and is not limited by the little turbo in a twin set, but they are not very usable on the street because you have to be able to spool them. A twin set will give the ability to use the big turbo, but it is still limited by the top turbo. Thats why I said a 62mm s300 would be a good match for the s475. They work well together and I know several people who run them on the street and dont have lag problems. Still gonna need more fuel for much of anything more than what you have. You can get the twin piping from source automotive for a decent price and put your own turbos on, or you can get turbos from them as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.