Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that this has been discussed many times, but I cannot find the exact information that I'm looking for.

I have been in several trucks running a S472 (72/83/.90) both running GDP torker 150s. And spooled very well, and both tow with the truck and don't have many complaints.

My plan is to keep the cp3 stock and maybe add a set of 100s from GDP.

This truck is my DD as well as my tow rig.

But for the money difference what is going to be my best choice? $850 vs $1400

I'm just not sure if the S467 is worth almost twice as much for a little better spool.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Interested as well

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone have any input?

·
LIFER
628 Posts
Pm senttttt

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
The $1400 price is for the FMW and race cover. The cast version with standard cover is a lot less. And performs close to the same.

·
LIFER
628 Posts
I cant vouch for the standard cover. But I have the race cover with a 1.1 ar housing, and its lit at 1800 rpms. I usually see berween 5-10 psi @ 1500 rpms. And max psi is 54 psi @ wot, on stock fuel.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a 467.7/87/.9 with standard cover that will be for sale once my new turbo comes in.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 467.7/87/.9 with standard cover that will be for sale once my new turbo comes in.
Message me what you would want for it

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone have a part number for the cast version?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
You mentioned trucks running the S472 and 150's do you know what kind of boost those trucks were running?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The 467.7 pushes more air then the cast 472 and spools faster from what ive read

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 467.7 pushes more air then the cast 472 and spools faster from what ive read
I understand this, but there is quite a price difference. I was just wondering if it was worth the extra $$$$ to go with a 67 over the 72.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You mentioned trucks running the S472 and 150's do you know what kind of boost those trucks were running?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I can find out for sure, but I'm wanting to say 55-60 with egts never getting over 1,500 degrees.

One friend is running a cast 72/83/.90, motorsport pump, GDP 150's, and MCC from Dave and is making around 750.

Other friend is running the same turbo other than his is billet with GDP 150's canned tunes and stock pump. (This setup doesn't work well due to everytime you get on it it throws a low rail code and reduces power)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I was able to push it to 45 on stock fueling with very little lag. Overall I enjoyed it but still undecided on the new build.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Same here, I have a S475 that was included in the second gen swap that I bought but its just to big for what I need to do with the truck. If the truck wasn't my tow rig I wouldn't mind running it at all.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts