Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts

·
3 footin' through life
12,334 Posts
Anybody know if either of those examples was a .9 or 1.0 housing?

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
The owner of God speed made this run, I think there are a few ??? that linger on the numbers though.

Now most likely it was a gated setup with a 1.0 since they're supposedly were running 500hp injectors (250%). With that much fuel without the gate the drive pressure would've been to the moon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Anyone have anything new to add to this?

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Didnt you just buy a billet wheel for your 63? The 369 has peaked my interest, but i think im going to compound mine out with the sxe376 or box 480

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Anything new

·
3 footin' through life
12,334 Posts
Really happy with the behavior of mine as a secondary now that I've got better tuning. I was worried about the 1.0 but glad I went that route. I think a 5.9 would do better with a .91 housing. Numbers coming some time this summer if somebody has a dyno day nearby. Gordon says its at about 1100hp based on commanded values. Boost staying very reasonable. 75psi total so far. 20-25psi from primary. 69 Compounding nicely. EGT's very cool.

·
Mountain Man Customs
2,496 Posts
Sounds like a fun setup Andrew.

I think I need to spend some time working on learning how to use a computer so I can tune my own stuff. My 64.5SXE should be quite a bit more responsive than it is. If I can get it to behave how I want down low, I have been considering trying out a 69. And would really like to go to a 6.7 in the future, but I have WAY too many irons in the fire for that to happen unless business takes off!

·
3 footin' through life
12,334 Posts
Learning the tuning is on my wishlist as well but Gordon has it almost dialed in perfect so its pretty low on my priorities now. I definitely hear on too many irons in the fire. Gotta draw the line somewhere or spread yourself too thin.

We are the 4th round of tweaks right now and almost all of them are related to getting it to cold start well with the pump splitter. It started perfect with pump controller. Kinda weird.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
back from the dead....anyone got anything new to add?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts