Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get an adapter to run a box s300 with my he351 down pipe?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
some box bw s300 chargers will bolt up with the stock elbow. you just need the proper ex. housing

·
Registered
887 Posts
I think DAP sells them. Thinking about a box 66 are we?:stirpot:

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
The T4 S300 housings can only be machined to mate to the 6.7 cast elbow. They are already smaller than the 5.9 marmon outlet. Evan, that is one option if you can find a 6.7 cast elbow.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess I should have said...I'm not using the cast elbow anymore. I have a down pipe from stainless for my 2nd gen swap. So there goes the 6.7 elbow option...

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think DAP sells them. Thinking about a box 66 are we?:stirpot:
Haha actually a 63/68/.91. And as of right now, unless anything changes, I want to avoid spending any more money with dap. Know anybody else that sells them??

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
If you have a downpipe for the second gen swap then all you should need is the outlet of the T4 housing machined to an HX40 outlet. If the downpipe does not have an hx 40 flange it would be easiest to cut the he351 flange off and weld on an hx40 flange

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have a downpipe for the second gen swap then all you should need is the outlet of the T4 housing machined to an HX40 outlet. If the downpipe does not have an hx 40 flange it would be easiest to cut the he351 flange off and weld on an hx40 flange
Since that's an option, it may be like that. I already bought the turbo from another member but it's not here yet. I didn't realize that was a possibility.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Haha actually a 63/68/.91. And as of right now, unless anything changes, I want to avoid spending any more money with dap. Know anybody else that sells them??
I'm sure you can find one from another source but if you plan on going to box turbo setup then just have the marmon flange welded to your current dp. Smeding has the flange and clamp you need for $50 IIRC.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure you can find one from another source but if you plan on going to box turbo setup then just have the marmon flange welded to your current dp. Smeding has the flange and clamp you need for $50 IIRC.
I may end up doing that. I'll just have to see what an exhaust shop will charge me to weld it up. I'd imagine not much. I'll report back when I get the turbo and make sure that's what I need.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so how do I determine if I'll need an adapter? I know there are different measurements for the different housings but not sure what the numbers are. This stuff is hard to search for.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just realized Phillip posted that earlier. My bad. I'm gonna measure it here in a minute. Another thing...is it normal for a brand new turbo to have a little side to side and in/out play? I don't remember my current turbo being like that when it was new.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Without having lubrication ran through the bushings and thrust...its possible. Once its running and you shut it off, and the wheel stops spinning you shouldn't feel any axial movement.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems to be 4.21. Does "John Deere" imply anything?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts