Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about a quadzilla adrenaline on my '99 and i have just recently had the transmission rebuilt by a local trans shop that put in a heavier torque converter, and the guys at the shop were telling me i can put whatever kind of load i want on it and the trans will hold up, but i thought id as everyone on here, also i don't have an aftermarket inj pump will that be ok with this programmer? also i have a raptor 100gph in the truck, and i am going to take out the bullydog i have
thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
i am thinking about a quadzilla adrenaline on my '99 and i have just recently had the transmission rebuilt by a local trans shop that put in a heavier torque converter, and the guys at the shop were telling me i can put whatever kind of load i want on it and the trans will hold up, but i thought id as everyone on here, also i don't have an aftermarket inj pump will that be ok with this programmer? also i have a raptor 100gph in the truck, and i am going to take out the bullydog i have
thanks
I got the Quad and love it!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I used to have the Edge Juice. It wasn't hot unlocked, but was always smooth and consistent. On cruise it would surge a little (fuel up to speed, coast a little, fuel, coast....).

After that, I traded a gentleman here on the forum for his quad adr.. It hits HARD! The quad box is stock from the factory. I do not have a pulse monitor. When on cruise, it doesn't surge at all. It does fuel harder than the edge.

Both boxes were/are untapped from the IP.

I would definatly recommend the ADR. Not only does Quadzilla have great products, but they also have excellent customer service! If you get it, make sure and get the pulse or pulse v2 monitor! It has many paramaters to tune and suit to your liking (this would help, in my case for example, to smooth the fueling, and APPS curves).

·
Registered
715 Posts
I used to have the Edge Juice. It wasn't hot unlocked, but was always smooth and consistent. On cruise it would surge a little (fuel up to speed, coast a little, fuel, coast....).

After that, I traded a gentleman here on the forum for his quad adr.. It hits HARD! The quad box is stock from the factory. I do not have a pulse monitor. When on cruise, it doesn't surge at all. It does fuel harder than the edge.

Both boxes were/are untapped from the IP.
I would definatly recommend the ADR. Not only does Quadzilla have great products, but they also have excellent customer service! If you get it, make sure and get the pulse or pulse v2 monitor! It has many paramaters to tune and suit to your liking (this would help, in my case for example, to smooth the fueling, and APPS curves).
You do realize that max power that these boxes make when IP is not tapped is a 65hp over stock... but the quad will make more power when tapped. I had the 4k tuned box and that was awesome!

·
"I'll go all in."
3,104 Posts
redneck2thamax said:
thanks

The guys at that shop must not know diesels very well. Just a tq converter will not hold anything, although its a good start and will be fine for a little while with just the Adrenaline. You do not need an aftermarket vp44 to run any box, so your fine there. Having the raptor is smart too. :thumbsup:

I was one of the beta testers for the adrenaline when it first came out... I can't tell you about the tunes that are out there for it now... but it was a clean box very powerful. There customer service was excellent as well. I purchased an Adrenaline again for my new 01.

Reactions: sawdustmaker

·
Registered
313 Posts
You do realize that max power that these boxes make when IP is not tapped is a 65hp over stock... but the quad will make more power when tapped. I had the 4k tuned box and that was awesome!
Yes I do. I have an Industrial Injection HRVP that put down 300 RWHP with no tune. I don't have a clutch in yet so I don't have it tapped. You're right, they put down alot of power WHEN tapped, but having both untapped up to the 65hp mark IS a comparable benchmark!

Also, I could fog out three lanes of interstate in Denver with the Edge Juice. After having the Quad., I can drive around virtually smokeless on any tune (trying to smoke or not).

·
Registered
446 Posts
With the stock quad setting how is the smoke an egts on higher settings? An how about the more aggresive tunes smoke an egts? Iam looking to keep them both down cuz I tow a lot...

·
Registered
413 Posts
With the stock quad setting how is the smoke an egts on higher settings? An how about the more aggresive tunes smoke an egts? Iam looking to keep them both down cuz I tow a lot...
The Quad has 11 settings. 0= Off, 1= Economy, 2-10 = Power. If you are running too hot, you can always turn it down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guys at that shop must not know diesels very well. Just a tq converter will not hold anything, although its a good start and will be fine for a little while with just the Adrenaline. You do not need an aftermarket vp44 to run any box, so your fine there. Having the raptor is smart too. :thumbsup:

I was one of the beta testers for the adrenaline when it first came out... I can't tell you about the tunes that are out there for it now... but it was a clean box very powerful. There customer service was excellent as well. I purchased an Adrenaline again for my new 01.
Sorry I meant to put that the tans was completley rebuilt not just the torque converter, so im viewing that would be ok? Ya right now im running a bullydog outlook with power enhancement,

·
"I'll go all in."
3,104 Posts
Well, rebuilt and built are two different things. Rebuilding with even only some stock parts is kind of silly for even a stock truck... let alone one thats now starting to make more power and lets face it, being driven harder.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, rebuilt and built are two different things. Rebuilding with even only some stock parts is kind of silly for even a stock truck... let alone one thats now starting to make more power and lets face it, being driven harder.
Ya that's why its probably better if I stay away from it then from the sounds of it

·
Registered
210 Posts
Love the quad. Had it about a month now, will never go to anything else lol. My truck is completely stock other than a clutch, raptor 150, and big line kit. On level 10 it gets hot pretty quick (1200 on a short pull) but that was expected with the stock turbo and stock exhaust. On level 5 on the highway going from 70-90 the egt's can climb to 1300 or so.

But the quad has defuel settings so you dont hurt anything. There nice to have, although I don;t use them. I watch my gauges like a hawk so i'm my own defueling setting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I have a 2004.5 dodge, 5.9 all stock.(4x4, stock tires, exhaust, injectors etc.) I am considering purchasing a quadzilla adrenaline. I am looking for fuel economy. In your experience, what kind of mileage can I expect? I currently get 13 mpg.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Hello
I have a 2004.5 dodge, 5.9 all stock.(4x4, stock tires, exhaust, injectors etc.) I am considering purchasing a quadzilla adrenaline. I am looking for fuel economy. In your experience, what kind of mileage can I expect? I currently get 13 mpg.
Thanks
More than 13 :)

No seriously ...... generally adds 2-3mpg - but it does vary by truck and your other setups. So no matter what any1 says you wont know till you put it on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello
Thanks
I ended up getting the quad adr for my 99 I saw about a 1-2 MPG gain and that's still with playing around a but, my dad just bought one for his 06 5.9l and he has seen about 2 MPG gain and thats rubnibg on tthe highest setting but keeping your foot outta it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts