Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
Got my S&B CAI and Performance Elbow when they had the $100 rebate offer. Love the CAI and the performance of the Elbow is noticeble. Install of the Elbow was tricky I had to go buy crows foot wrench to get it on. Quality of my elbow was ok I have seen better workmanship on Chinese made stuff but it performs well. I would only buy it again if they were running the special.

· Registered
485 Posts
how is the second gen intake horn as far as performance?..

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What is the s&b made out of now if not plastic like they use to be? I'm curious because I'm torn between s&b cfm+ and the ats arcflow
Its made of aluminum now. The told me they had one fail during testing so they werent making them of composite anymore. I havent had any issues with the horn besides the install not going my way.

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry..just saw custom and classics response to what material it was made out of. If you are to buy one Jason at C&C will take care of you...thats where I got mine.

· Registered
366 Posts
so you would recomend S&B over CFM+??

· Registered
2,503 Posts
i just installed my S&B intake horn last thrusday and i didn't notice any difference except my egt's seems to be a little lower, don't get me wrong i got it expecting nothing i just got a good deal compared to any other one and it was black all the other ones i sa were red. so over all i am happy with the product accept for the fact that it is REALLY hard to tighten the back side stud and no way to get a torque rench on it, i just got it tight by feel

· Registered
45 Posts
With the CFM+ intake horn there was none of that crud to deal with....and i had no trouble on the install. i aslo had an s&b intake for my truck....garbage... i serviced it regularly and properly. and it still started fallin apart.. i guess all of their products need much more r&d

· Registered
288 Posts
I know Im a 2nd gen guy...but I put the elbow on...really no difference at all. I got it for free....lol long story...but s&b ended up sending by buddy two after he returned the defective one. :party018:

its looks nice tho...:thumbsup:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.