Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

S&B intake good or not?

1798 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Joe Mc
just wanna hear what everyone thinks of s&b cold air and the intake mani
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,618 Posts
IMO S&B is one of the best intakes out for Diesel trucks.

· Premium Member
4,719 Posts
i love mine, and price wise i think it's better than some of the uber expensive ones out there

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
it is "D Shiznit" hahahahaha

really though, it's one of the best you can get for diesels :thumbsup:

but, i thought they didn't make em for the 24 valves anymore?? or is it some other super popular intake??

· Registered
1,759 Posts
thats what i used to run and it was great. i would recommend a s&b to anyone

· Registered
918 Posts
A good friend of mine had one on his 06 Dodge and hated it! The fit was very poor and the filter was tiny! Not worth near what he paid for it in my opinion.

· Registered
400 Posts
The new S&B kit it one of the best on the market IMO.

They did away with the small filter. Its huge now. It is an 8 layer filter others are less. The re-oiling is very precise so you don't over oil the thing.

· Registered
3,618 Posts
A good friend of mine had one on his 06 Dodge and hated it! The fit was very poor and the filter was tiny! Not worth near what he paid for it in my opinion.
S&B has re desighned all there dodge kits with much larger filters & fixed fitment proplems:thumbsup: for an avrave price of 269 You cant beat them for a full intake in my opinion

· Registered
918 Posts
Thanks, MOPAR MAN, I wasn't trying to bash them or anything, but it's good to know they fixed them! Looks like a much better setup for sure!

· Registered
434 Posts
If i had to do it again i would get an AFE intake, then put a S&B filter in it. here is the link S&B Releases Filters for AFE INTAKE KITS!

I think S&B makes a great filter, the best in my opinion... but i dont care for the intake box itself. It gets the job done, but it is really flimsy without the clear cover on it, and it seems like very little effort was put into making it pleasent to look at(at least for the second gens) And i hate the clear cover, it just gets scratched and the bottom side is always dirty.

Here is a pic of mine.... just cleaned it like 2 weeks before and it already looks emberassing

I know dodge24 has the afe stage 2 intake that i like.. maybe he will post a pic:thumbsup: i think that intake with the s&b filter would be the s#!t

· Registered
129 Posts
can you get to your oil filter with this box on?
Have the same S&B as Mr. Nice Guy on mine. You can "get" to the oil filter with the tube on, but getting it off without spilling oil is another matter. Take a few twists of a nut driver and a few tugs and the tube is out of the way. I've had mine for 5 years +/- and always take the tube off when changing the oil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.