Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody has installed the complete S/B air filter system from ram air inlet, to air filter box, to tubing to turbo......Looking at complete system for around 400.00 new but wondering if the performance aspects about it are real...Anyone out there have this system and like/love it or not....Fielding all answers for my decision...Thanks

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I have the intake elbow and the first-design air intake for the '07, which has since been redesigned for more flow. I do not have the ram scoop. I saw a mileage increase of about 1 mpg with the intake alone, as the elbow was on backorder for a few months. No noticable difference with the elbow, but a convenient place for my boost gauge tap. I was impressed with the quality of the intake; it fits together nicely and doesn't feel or look cheap. I did have to do a little clearancing on the elbow in order to get a socket on the hold-down bolts, but no big deal, and it may be corrected now. Had them for about two years and 20k miles; no complaints. :thumbsup:

BTW, You can get free shipping on the intake from a lot of dealers, whereas S&B charges shipping, but when I shopped for a reoil kit, S&B only charged $0.75 to ship as opposed to others wanting $6-15.

Reactions: Remuda Rancher
1 - 2 of 2 Posts