Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I run into any problems if would install RV 275 injectors and use my stock turbo? Should I see an increase in my MPG's? Will I see an increase in my EGT's? Thanks as always.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
They are a small add on of power, I noticed a very small increase on MPG, but no real EGT jump. I like mine, I would suggest a set to any stock truck. Just my .02

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Will I run into any problems if would install RV 275 injectors and use my stock turbo? Should I see an increase in my MPG's? Will I see an increase in my EGT's? Thanks as always.

I just helped a buddy put in 100HP injectors today into his 2000 CTD 5sp...and wow they really woke his truck up. He is running a FASS 95, 4" TB, AFE Stage II Intake, Quad XZT+ chip and now the 100HP injectors and they did an amazing job :thumbsup. They smoke really good when you get on the throttle hard but not when you are easing into it and and just cruising. And to top it off we just took the truck for a 70 mile trip after we averages 23.9 MPG for the trip...no joke. He had been seeing about 19-20 MPG....so he gained almost 4 MPG. Very good investment :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

RV275s should help you out and not hurt your EGT's. You might want to think about going bigger if you really want some more power and mileage increase. With bigger injectors you get the mileage when you want it and the power as well...just a thought.

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts
:agree2:

I put a set of RV275's in a truck, and he gained around 2-3 mpg. No Egt problems. But you could find a set of EDM 100's that are more efficient than the RV's. For around the same cost.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:agree2:

I put a set of RV275's in a truck, and he gained around 2-3 mpg. No Egt problems. But you could find a set of EDM 100's that are more efficient than the RV's. For around the same cost.
Will the 110 HP EDM's cause any problems with my stock turbo? Will they increase mt EGT's. I do a lot of towing and want, of course all the power I can get and keep my EGT's in check. I have to turn my Edge Comp down now when I tow to about 2X1 setting.

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts
i dont think they would be that bad on you. But i could be wrong. Maybe someone will help me out. I know the truck i put the rv275's in runs my smarty on 7 and 9 pullin his 32 ft gooseneck and it doesnt get hot on him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts